FSP has built up a very good image here at TweakTown. The units that we have seen have been of quality and benched very well. Some have been a little on the pricey side, but the quality they have shown is often worth a little bit more of your hard earned money. We also can't help but smile and chuckle a little bit every time we look at most of their units which feature their arrow shaped cooling vents which they claim helps increase airflow.
Marketing ploys aside, the fact that their units just simply deliver where it matters most can't be denied. We've got another Aurum Pro model on our bench today and this time around it is the 1kW model. We looked at the 1200W model well over a year and a half ago and the Aurum Pro series is still going strong. That much power just tends to be a bit much for most so we thought it might be a good idea to take a look at the 1000W model. It fits more users' needs without pushing into the area that requires a week's paycheck to do so.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Just as we saw with the Aurum Pro 1200W, the 1000W model also utilizes a single 12V rail. It is a bit weaker, providing 83A of power or 996W total. The 3.3V and 5V rails remain the same, providing 25A each with a combined maximum output of 160W. The 5VSB rail is rated for 15W and maximum combined output for the FPS Aurum Pro 1000 is 1000W.
When we start looking at the features of the FSP Aurum Pro 1000W, we find that all of the protections are present that we want to see. SCP, OVP, OCP, OPP and OTP are all present. The FSP Aurum Pro 1000W is semi-modular. All natively wired cables are sleeved with nylon mesh and all modular cables are sleeved to be flat. The power supply is rated for 80 PLUS Gold efficiency. FSP states that the FSP Aurum Pro 1000W is also rated for 100% continuous output at 50C.
FSP has an MSRP of $229.99 on the Aurum Pro 1000W. That's a bit more than we were hoping to see considering similar power supplies can be had for well below the $200 mark. Newegg has dropped the price down to $189.99, which is much more reasonable and competitively priced. FSP backs the Aurum Pro 1000W with a five year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung DeX transforms your Galaxy S8 into a desktop PC
- Samsung unveils new Gear 360 camera
- Nintendo focused on gameplay over visuals in Zelda BOTW
- These are the differences between the Galaxy S7 and S8
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+: Everything you need to know
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design