FSP has built up a very good image here at TweakTown. The units that we have seen have been of quality and benched very well. Some have been a little on the pricey side, but the quality they have shown is often worth a little bit more of your hard earned money. We also can't help but smile and chuckle a little bit every time we look at most of their units which feature their arrow shaped cooling vents which they claim helps increase airflow.
Marketing ploys aside, the fact that their units just simply deliver where it matters most can't be denied. We've got another Aurum Pro model on our bench today and this time around it is the 1kW model. We looked at the 1200W model well over a year and a half ago and the Aurum Pro series is still going strong. That much power just tends to be a bit much for most so we thought it might be a good idea to take a look at the 1000W model. It fits more users' needs without pushing into the area that requires a week's paycheck to do so.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Just as we saw with the Aurum Pro 1200W, the 1000W model also utilizes a single 12V rail. It is a bit weaker, providing 83A of power or 996W total. The 3.3V and 5V rails remain the same, providing 25A each with a combined maximum output of 160W. The 5VSB rail is rated for 15W and maximum combined output for the FPS Aurum Pro 1000 is 1000W.
When we start looking at the features of the FSP Aurum Pro 1000W, we find that all of the protections are present that we want to see. SCP, OVP, OCP, OPP and OTP are all present. The FSP Aurum Pro 1000W is semi-modular. All natively wired cables are sleeved with nylon mesh and all modular cables are sleeved to be flat. The power supply is rated for 80 PLUS Gold efficiency. FSP states that the FSP Aurum Pro 1000W is also rated for 100% continuous output at 50C.
FSP has an MSRP of $229.99 on the Aurum Pro 1000W. That's a bit more than we were hoping to see considering similar power supplies can be had for well below the $200 mark. Newegg has dropped the price down to $189.99, which is much more reasonable and competitively priced. FSP backs the Aurum Pro 1000W with a five year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huddy: FreeSync on its way to all kinds of TVs
- Overwatch Competitive Play mode launches on Xbox One
- Intel joins BMW and Mobileeye on autonomous car technology
- Make the game you want to play with School of Game Design
- Lost in Space is coming back, with a 10-episode Netflix reboot
- asrock pro3 issues
- Techman XC100E5C 1.6TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD Review
- Insight Needed for RAM upgrade issue.
- Doom Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Cant overclock RAM
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card