Inside the Box
This time there is a slight improvement in the packaging as the front side foam is much thicker.
FSP keeps the I/O specification sticker on the top and uses the same ruggedized finish on the AU-650M.
Once again, both sides have the same logos on them, along with a small amount of additional cooling in the form of three vent areas.
Arrow vents allow the hot air out of the back of the unit. The on/off rocker switch and AC input are the only things blocking airflow.
There are no labels here, but it is pretty hard to mess this one up. There is a single PCI-E connector and several for peripherals. I'll give you three guesses as to which is which. Unfortunately though, the rails aren't labeled and since this is a quad rail unit, that would be very handy to have.
FSP's standard layout is present on the bottom. You're correct if you think it looks a bit smaller. The Aurum CM Gold 650M uses a 120mm fan instead of the 135mm fan we are used to seeing.
All of the modular cables are flat for increased airflow and ease of routing.
FSP gives you some Velcro cable ties, mount screws, a case badge, and power cord along with everything else.
There is also a warranty card and user manual inside the box. Unfortunately, FSP fails to label the rails in the manual. There is even a section that lists what each pin is on every connector, but it doesn't give rails. Sometimes it is just the simple things that make the difference. Without rail identification, it makes it very difficult for the end-user to load balance the rails and prevent overloading.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni