Inside the Box
This time there is a slight improvement in the packaging as the front side foam is much thicker.
FSP keeps the I/O specification sticker on the top and uses the same ruggedized finish on the AU-650M.
Once again, both sides have the same logos on them, along with a small amount of additional cooling in the form of three vent areas.
Arrow vents allow the hot air out of the back of the unit. The on/off rocker switch and AC input are the only things blocking airflow.
There are no labels here, but it is pretty hard to mess this one up. There is a single PCI-E connector and several for peripherals. I'll give you three guesses as to which is which. Unfortunately though, the rails aren't labeled and since this is a quad rail unit, that would be very handy to have.
FSP's standard layout is present on the bottom. You're correct if you think it looks a bit smaller. The Aurum CM Gold 650M uses a 120mm fan instead of the 135mm fan we are used to seeing.
All of the modular cables are flat for increased airflow and ease of routing.
FSP gives you some Velcro cable ties, mount screws, a case badge, and power cord along with everything else.
There is also a warranty card and user manual inside the box. Unfortunately, FSP fails to label the rails in the manual. There is even a section that lists what each pin is on every connector, but it doesn't give rails. Sometimes it is just the simple things that make the difference. Without rail identification, it makes it very difficult for the end-user to load balance the rails and prevent overloading.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rise for 'Kong' in first 'Skull Island' trailer
- 'Justice League' and 'Wonder Woman' teaser trailers revealed at SDCC
- 7-Eleven makes its first drone delivery, with a Slurpee
- James Cameron talks 'The Abyss' 4K Blu-ray remaster
- AMC reveals The Walking Dead season 7 trailer at SDCC
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Why do I have trouble starting my machine?
- G1.Sniper M3 Boot Loop
- GPU Ugrade killed my NIC
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard