Remember way back in time when the power supply was just that expensive piece that was necessary to build a rig? When the actual output wasn't an issue and the looks didn't matter because it just sat in the top of your plain beige case?
Oh wait...that was just a couple of years ago wasn't it?
Things have changed a good deal since then. With the advent of unique case designs and the widespread use of side window panels, every aspect of the PC has gone through some significant changes lately.
Introducing the newest PSU to wear the Thermaltake branding; the PurePower 480 Butterfly. It seems that the folks at Thermaltake have taken an active interest in not only the power of their units, but the looks and cooling as well. While we'll be taking a look at the power levels along all three primary voltage rails, we'll also be looking at some added features that might just make this something special.
So sit back and enjoy as we stroll through the abilities of a Butterfly!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gionee announces three new smartphones
- AMD Ryzen powered QNAP NAS spotted at Computex
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z spotted
- Regenerate a 'Doctor Who' Blu-ray in our latest giveaway
- Take-Two earns 81% of its net revenue from consoles
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017