CM Storm QuickFire XT Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Fresh out of the box, the QuickFire XT is now on full display. There is a 104 key layout of switches and keycaps. Each of the keycaps is laser etched for longevity, but I would swear they are painted over the etching to make the legends as bright as possible.
While there is a claim to this 1.9" height being a slim design, in reality it is the same thickness as my Trigger. The bottom section is thinner, and the top covers more of the sides, but it is the same height still. You can also see the keycaps are textured and concave to give fingertips the best feel of each key.
On the left side of the XT it has the Standard English QWERTY layout. If this looks a bit plain to you for a gaming keyboard, CM Storm adds some keycaps that help break up all the black and also adds some Cooler Master naming to the top of the keyboard.
With use of the Function button on the lower part of the keyboard, you can gain access to the multimedia keys and the F9 Windows lock-out key. This will keep you from dropping out of a game accidentally.
The right side of the keyboard offers a full sized number pad. On the top row of the keypad is where you will find the repeat rate keys to allow you to spam key presses. Above that you will find the three locks for the keyboard with red LEDs to denote when they are active.
With the legs in the back now set out for this image, you can tell this is the way it is meant to be used. The angles of the keycaps are no longer leaning to the back. With the extra half inch added to the back, all of the caps take on a better ergonomic angle of use.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- SpaceX's December launch postponed until early January
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel