Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
At $209.99 at the time of writing, the ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO is not only an extremely aggressively priced ROG motherboard, but just an aggressively priced motherboard in general. You've got all those goodies that you love to see from the ROG series without all the extra fluff that carries with it added price.
If you want the massive box and all the extras then the MAXIMUS VI EXTREME and its $399.99 price tag is available. But at almost half the price, the MAXIMUS VI HERO is a fantastic option for people who don't need that massive line up of extras.
The feature set at the price point is very strong and the addition of the SurpremeFX chip is nice for better audio quality. The design and build quality is typical ASUS ROG, which is only a good thing.
When it comes to performance the board is fantastic, overclocking numbers are strong with a solid 4.9GHz. It's not the fastest we've seen on this new CPU we've got, but it's still extremely strong either way. If you're not interested in overclocking, though, you'll be glad to know that out of the box performance is up there with the best Z87 boards.
If you've always wanted to jump on the ROG bandwagon, but have been scared off with the associated price tag or the massive amount of overclocking features that you feel you simply won't use, this is a great motherboard to consider.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- Intel Battery Optimizer Android app now cleans, too
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Be Quiet! Announces Silent Base 600 Case Series
- PNY releases the Mini-mobile HP v165w USB 2.0 Flash Drive
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit