Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
At $209.99 at the time of writing, the ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO is not only an extremely aggressively priced ROG motherboard, but just an aggressively priced motherboard in general. You've got all those goodies that you love to see from the ROG series without all the extra fluff that carries with it added price.
If you want the massive box and all the extras then the MAXIMUS VI EXTREME and its $399.99 price tag is available. But at almost half the price, the MAXIMUS VI HERO is a fantastic option for people who don't need that massive line up of extras.
The feature set at the price point is very strong and the addition of the SurpremeFX chip is nice for better audio quality. The design and build quality is typical ASUS ROG, which is only a good thing.
When it comes to performance the board is fantastic, overclocking numbers are strong with a solid 4.9GHz. It's not the fastest we've seen on this new CPU we've got, but it's still extremely strong either way. If you're not interested in overclocking, though, you'll be glad to know that out of the box performance is up there with the best Z87 boards.
If you've always wanted to jump on the ROG bandwagon, but have been scared off with the associated price tag or the massive amount of overclocking features that you feel you simply won't use, this is a great motherboard to consider.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Forza Motorsport 6: Apex requires 16GB RAM for gaming at 4K 60FPS
- Quantum Break's new PC patch fixes lots, weighs a huge 27GB
- No Man's Sky VR would be a 'really good fit', says creator
- Guillermo del Toro teases Silent Hills successor
- Leaked 1666: Amsterdam gameplay footage is darkly enchanting
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched