As I stated in the beginning of this review, I didn't know about SlimPort until the e-mails regarding this review started coming in and now I'm interested to see what they do next. Their cables can be perfect for many uses - gamers, multi-taskers, professionals and more.
The ease of use is SlimPort's technology is what makes it streets ahead, with the quality equaling this. The quality on the SlimPort HDMI adapter was nothing short of breathtaking, even more so when compared to the MHL-based device, which felt like something from around 2005.
There are two downsides to SlimPort's technology, the first of which is that it's only for a few devices on the market, for now. We have the device we're using today, the Nexus 4, but there is also the LG Optimus G Pro, Fujitsu Stylistic QH582 Windows 8-based tablet and the ASUS PadFone Infinity which are supported.
The second downside is the price, at $70+ for an adapter; it is quite an exclamation point in your face, considering the cheaper, MHL-based products can be had for around $10. The quality and experience of Analogix's SlimPort adapters are still worth it, especially if you want to output at perfect quality.
Adoption will most likely spread, but the days are young for Analogix for now. We should expect more devices to feature SlimPort support in the coming months, and a bunch of devices before the end of the year. Analogix are pushing to make SlimPort a standard, and I truly hope they reach this goal, and quick.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Tesla founder deletes his tweet that hinted towards 'Model Y' vehicle
- Halo 5 will have a 'much more sociable' story thanks to 4-player co-op
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio
- GUITAR HERO LIVE PITS JAMES FRANCO AGAINST LENNY KRAVITZ IN AN EPIC ROCK BATTLE WITH THE PREMIERE OF THE 'WIN THE CROWD' LIVE-ACTION TRAILER