As I stated in the beginning of this review, I didn't know about SlimPort until the e-mails regarding this review started coming in and now I'm interested to see what they do next. Their cables can be perfect for many uses - gamers, multi-taskers, professionals and more.
The ease of use is SlimPort's technology is what makes it streets ahead, with the quality equaling this. The quality on the SlimPort HDMI adapter was nothing short of breathtaking, even more so when compared to the MHL-based device, which felt like something from around 2005.
There are two downsides to SlimPort's technology, the first of which is that it's only for a few devices on the market, for now. We have the device we're using today, the Nexus 4, but there is also the LG Optimus G Pro, Fujitsu Stylistic QH582 Windows 8-based tablet and the ASUS PadFone Infinity which are supported.
The second downside is the price, at $70+ for an adapter; it is quite an exclamation point in your face, considering the cheaper, MHL-based products can be had for around $10. The quality and experience of Analogix's SlimPort adapters are still worth it, especially if you want to output at perfect quality.
Adoption will most likely spread, but the days are young for Analogix for now. We should expect more devices to feature SlimPort support in the coming months, and a bunch of devices before the end of the year. Analogix are pushing to make SlimPort a standard, and I truly hope they reach this goal, and quick.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni