Infortrend delivered the first dual-bay NAS we would ever consider purchasing. In our EonNAS Pro 200 review we glossed over the Infortrend story, but in order to tell you about the EonNAS Pro 510, we first have to tell you a bit more about the company. In our research, we tracked Infortrend back to 1993, when the company first shipped an EISA-to-SCSI controller. To put this into perspective, Thecus and QNAP started in 2004, while Synology came to be in 2000. We test many products from Thecus, QNAP and Synology and their names often come up when shopping for a NAS.
While Infortrend may not be a household name, I use that loosely, maybe a nerd's house, but that's beside the point. Infortrend isn't well known for their entry-level NAS products. The smaller units like the EonNAS 200 we looked at two months ago and the EonNAS 510 that we're looking at today are newer product categories for the company. IT administrators who make purchasing decisions know the Infortrend name, mainly from their large-scale SAN, iSCSI and fiber channel products.
Infortrend now has products for small businesses and home office users. The EonNAS series scales from 2-bays to 16-bays. In this one series, Infortrend manages to scale the entire product lines from both Thecus, QNAP and Synology.
Today we're looking at the Infortrend EonNAS 510, the company's newest 5-bay NAS. Going through Infortrend's milestone page, we found a number of firsts for the company and the 510 Pro should add another one. The EonNAS 510 Pro has a feature not on the EonNAS 200 we reviewed months ago, and this feature is normally reserved for much higher priced models. Deduplication or dedupe for short.
We hear a lot about dedupe on the enterprise side, especially on new flash based SAN products. The technology allows you to store more data on a storage device without the performance hit associated with compression.
Soon we'll publish a full article on data dedupe and use the Infortrend EonNAS Pro 510 as our base. Here we see an image from early testing that shows a near 25% reduction in on disk data thanks to dedupe. The technology opens the door for solid-state based iSCSI, databases and even high availability storage for office use.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Hardware Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [Packaging]
- Page 5 [Infortrend EonNAS Pro 510]
- Page 6 [Configuration Menus]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 1 HDD / JBOD]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 5]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 6]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Multi-Client Test]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Snapchat announces sunglasses with a built-in camera
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now