Display and Speaker Quality
Moving onto the display we have Sony giving the Xperia TX a nicely sized 4.55-inch display. The 4.55-inch display has a 1280x720 resolution, providing us with a pixel density of around 323ppi. The display is shatter-proof, and scratch-resistant to boot.
Sure, it's not Full HD, but it does the job. The Xperia TX's display does a great job at giving you a beautiful display to look at, and while it won't break records, it does its job pretty well.
The rear speaker on the Xperia TX is well sized, but it doesn't pack a powerful punch. This isn't a tablet, so I don't expect it to have the best quality speaker, but it would be nice for a company known for their audio products to have put a bit more effort into this section of the Xperia TX.
I'm not someone who has their music on speaker all of the time, but from time to time I'll take a phone call and have my hands busy so I'll go hands-free and turn the speaker on. The speech can sound quite atrocious at times, and speaking of bad audio, the earpiece on the Xperia TX can put out some shocking quality.
I was actually quite impressed with a mid-range handset from a company struggling in the market up until I started making phone calls. I do all of my testing on Telstra, who is Australia's best telco, and even then, it was bad.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Look and Feel]
- Page 3 [Display and Speaker Quality]
- Page 4 [Features]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' trailer keeps improving
- Intel next-gen Xeon: 59% faster, up to 6TB Optane RAM
- Facebook Live goes social with Live videos with friends
- OnePlus 5 will feature Snapdragon 835, confirms CEO
- Divinity Original Sin 2 launches this September
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017