It has been nearly a year since we've had a look at anything from Kingwin so we figured it was time to take a look at something new from them. Up to this point, everything that we have looked at concerning their power supply offerings has been leading edge. Whether it is efficiency, silence, quality of power, or a mix of any of these, we've looked at what they have had to offer. What we haven't taken a peek at is any of their entry-level offerings.
That is where today's review comes in. On the bench right now is the Power Force 850W power supply. It is very much an "entry-level" power supply aimed towards those with higher quantity of power needs. Don't let this fool you, though. While it may not be the most efficient or have the greatest voltage regulation on the planet, it is more than capable of powering a dual GPU gaming rig with ease.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
A single 12V rail provides 100% of the power for the Kingwin Power Force 850W power supply via a 70.83A rail. Both the 3.3V and the 5V rails are rated at 25A each with a combined maximum output of 150W. The 5VSB rail is rated for 3A or 15W. Maximum combined output of the Power Force 850W power supply is 850W.
One of the first things to go when you start talking about a lower end unit is features. That is something that you just won't find happening here with the Power Force 850W from Kingwin. They keep almost all of the features you'd expect to see from a top-tier power supply, even providing more than what we saw from the recently reviewed PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III 850W. All cables, both native and modular are fully sleeved. The power supply is rated for 80 PLUS Bronze efficiency, but not for 100% continuous output at 50C.
Kingwin has an MSRP of $109.99. That's quite cheap for an 850W modular unit and the best we could find the unit for online at the time of writing was $110.15 with free shipping at aaawave.com. Kingwin backs the Power Force 850W with a five year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS reveals new 34-inch curved 3440 x 1440 Designo ultrawide monitor
- Samsung PM971-NVMe shrinks the SSD in more ways than one
- New GIGABYTE BRIX mini-PC rocks a GTX 950 for quad-display FHD gaming
- GIGABYTE's new AIO features full-sized GPU slot
- Phanteks launches first-ever water block with Glacier G1080
- GA-Z170X-GAMING 5 New build option questions
- Patriot Tab 128GB Micro USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Z170 Extreme7+ Correct USB drivers Win10 x64
- Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 & 950 NVMe M.2 SSD question
- Problem entering bios on new build
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream