It has been nearly a year since we've had a look at anything from Kingwin so we figured it was time to take a look at something new from them. Up to this point, everything that we have looked at concerning their power supply offerings has been leading edge. Whether it is efficiency, silence, quality of power, or a mix of any of these, we've looked at what they have had to offer. What we haven't taken a peek at is any of their entry-level offerings.
That is where today's review comes in. On the bench right now is the Power Force 850W power supply. It is very much an "entry-level" power supply aimed towards those with higher quantity of power needs. Don't let this fool you, though. While it may not be the most efficient or have the greatest voltage regulation on the planet, it is more than capable of powering a dual GPU gaming rig with ease.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
A single 12V rail provides 100% of the power for the Kingwin Power Force 850W power supply via a 70.83A rail. Both the 3.3V and the 5V rails are rated at 25A each with a combined maximum output of 150W. The 5VSB rail is rated for 3A or 15W. Maximum combined output of the Power Force 850W power supply is 850W.
One of the first things to go when you start talking about a lower end unit is features. That is something that you just won't find happening here with the Power Force 850W from Kingwin. They keep almost all of the features you'd expect to see from a top-tier power supply, even providing more than what we saw from the recently reviewed PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III 850W. All cables, both native and modular are fully sleeved. The power supply is rated for 80 PLUS Bronze efficiency, but not for 100% continuous output at 50C.
Kingwin has an MSRP of $109.99. That's quite cheap for an 850W modular unit and the best we could find the unit for online at the time of writing was $110.15 with free shipping at aaawave.com. Kingwin backs the Power Force 850W with a five year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA's recent Gamer Connect event in India: success
- More 'Star Trek' movies not guaranteed, warns star
- Night Trap returns, with the FMV game hitting consoles
- Vivendi could push for an Ubisoft takeover this year
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds charity event: May 4
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family