Considering everything we have just seen in the SST-SG09B, I really can only say "wow". The looks are outside the box for the typical SilverStone, the ease of access to all of the filters to keep this chassis clean for months or years to come. On the inside there is so much being offered, yet in such a small space that it is hard to really fathom it until you have the experience of working with it. Everything about the SG09 is a success in its design and layout, and is really a pleasure to build a PC in. Then there are the small things to consider, there is room for six storage drives, and even if specific, there is room for an optical drive. On top of that, even with the price set so low, SilverStone even includes a USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 adapter so that everyone gets full use of the front I/O panel.
Cooling in the chassis is handled quite well out of the box. Even with the smaller CPU cooler I used to try to bring up the temperatures a bit to impose some load on that 180mm AP fan, the temperatures are surprisingly cool as it ships. There are always benefits to be had by adding extra fans to the chassis, but there is the noise level to consider since we are dealing with 80mm fans as options.
If you want to stash a pair of 680's or even some 7900 series video cards in here, at least adding them to the left side panel is going to blast cool air into the chassis from every way to directly cool every component inside of the chassis. As far as I am concerned, with the setup I installed, the trio of fans is plenty, and I have the PSU installed to draw its own fresh air so that wasn't aiding the internal cooling at all. I also like the fact of the negative pressure design, and the very near silent operation levels of the fans that are equipped in the SG09.
What really makes the SG09 stand out to me is that you get a great feature set for a chassis this compact, but you also get some bold and slightly aggressive styling, and a layout that is entirely unique, and it can be had for less than $100. Not only do you get a solidly built chassis, even with all the panels removed there was no flex or alignment issues, the SG09 is built like a rock. Then to add in the through instructions and endless goodies in the hardware bag, it really makes me wonder what some of the other companies are charging for, because here you don't have the same old dull layout, you aren't in a plain square cube, the list really goes on and on.
Taking this from both an engineer's perspective and as the average Joe looking to buy an SFF chassis, SilverStone has really worked their tails off in this design and in doing so gets my full support and recommendation for the SST-SG09B. It is just one of those cases that breaks all the rules and will be something everyone else will mimic in years to come.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- We Heard You Like Discounts
- Acer's new 10-core smartphone will 'dominate' Android gaming
- The first big patch for Windows 10 is coming soon
- Rocket League patch will let you filter out PS4 users on the PC
- BBC's Grand Theft Auto TV movie 'The Gamechangers' trailer arrives
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015