Antec GX700 Mid-Tower Chassis
From the front you can definitely see the military inspiration with the olive drab paint used on the bay covers and fan grill. Even the Antec name plate looks like a dog tag. Between the bays and grill is where you will locate the large red power button with a slightly smaller reset button off to the right.
If you remove the four thumbscrews on the fan grill, it will pull off the chassis and allow you access to the dust filter behind it, and to mount the fans in the front once the filter is all the way out.
The top of the chassis has a bold I/O the stand off the top of the chassis, made from a plate of steel. This covers the USB 3.0, USB 2.0 and HD audio jacks. Off to the right is a safety cover for the fan controller, leaving the top fan grill that looks to be shaped like a patch and bars worn on a sleeve.
Lifting up the yellow and black striped cover allows users to control the fan speed. This is a three position switch with high speed at the top and the low speed at the bottom. If you set the switch to the middle setting it turns off all fans connected to this controller.
The side panel is pretty plain, mostly black, but does offer a 120mm fan mounting position to add air right to the side of the video card if needed. If you look to the front of the chassis, you can see the metal, wire clips, which hold the bay covers in place at the moment.
In the back, the top starts with a pair of holes with grommets for water cooling, then offers the rear O/I cut out, the 120mm exhaust fan, seven expansion slots, and the large hole at the bottom for the PSU.
The right side of the GX700 is very plain. You get just a black expanse of metal that is thumb screwed to the frame of the chassis.
Under the GX700 you can see Antec uses round plastic feet to support this chassis near the four corners. Under the PSU is the second and last dust filter supplied in this case, and you can see the reverse impression of the Antec Design that will be readable from the interior.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ESPN subscribers diminish at an alarming rate, streaming is to blame
- Someone has hacked Street Fighter 5 Beta for the PC
- Hearthstone World Championships 2016 prize pool raised to $1 million
- Google flooded with 'right to be forgotten', 1 million URLs so far
- OnePlus won't replace faulty USB Type-C cable on its OnePlus 2 handset
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader