Antec GX700 Mid-Tower Chassis
From the front you can definitely see the military inspiration with the olive drab paint used on the bay covers and fan grill. Even the Antec name plate looks like a dog tag. Between the bays and grill is where you will locate the large red power button with a slightly smaller reset button off to the right.
If you remove the four thumbscrews on the fan grill, it will pull off the chassis and allow you access to the dust filter behind it, and to mount the fans in the front once the filter is all the way out.
The top of the chassis has a bold I/O the stand off the top of the chassis, made from a plate of steel. This covers the USB 3.0, USB 2.0 and HD audio jacks. Off to the right is a safety cover for the fan controller, leaving the top fan grill that looks to be shaped like a patch and bars worn on a sleeve.
Lifting up the yellow and black striped cover allows users to control the fan speed. This is a three position switch with high speed at the top and the low speed at the bottom. If you set the switch to the middle setting it turns off all fans connected to this controller.
The side panel is pretty plain, mostly black, but does offer a 120mm fan mounting position to add air right to the side of the video card if needed. If you look to the front of the chassis, you can see the metal, wire clips, which hold the bay covers in place at the moment.
In the back, the top starts with a pair of holes with grommets for water cooling, then offers the rear O/I cut out, the 120mm exhaust fan, seven expansion slots, and the large hole at the bottom for the PSU.
The right side of the GX700 is very plain. You get just a black expanse of metal that is thumb screwed to the frame of the chassis.
Under the GX700 you can see Antec uses round plastic feet to support this chassis near the four corners. Under the PSU is the second and last dust filter supplied in this case, and you can see the reverse impression of the Antec Design that will be readable from the interior.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ASUS unveils a Windows 10-powered PC-on-a-stick with the new VivoStick
- You can now download Epic's awesome 'Showdown' VR experience
- PS4 v3.0 firmware includes YouTube Gaming support, more cloud storage
- Your daily WTF: Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015 is a real game
- Acer announces new Predator Gaming Series monitors with NVIDIA G-SYNC
- Purchasing case fans in Taiwan
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015