Rosewill is a name that many who frequent Newegg are familiar with. It is their in-house name just as Rocketfish is to Best Buy, without the insane price tag. They started out small with items such as media card readers, cables, fans, etc. and slowly increased their lineup to include a variety of items including server chassis and RAID subsystems. A few years back, we looked at one of their power supplies and were a little less than impressed.
Times have changed quite a bit and so has Rosewill. They have changed up the OEM they are working with for power supplies and the Tachyon unit we are looking at today is manufactured by Super Flower. One might say that it is simply a rebadged Golden King 1000W, but it does have a few differences in design. Hopefully the change proves to be beneficial for both Rosewill and our readers.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
I/O specifications are identical to that of the reference Super Flower Golden King unit. The unit features a single 12V rail which delivers 996W of power. Both the 3.3V and 5V rails are rated for 20A each with a combined maximum output of 100W. It is a bit lower than we like to see, but always been sufficient in all our testing. The 5VSB rail is rated for 2.5A or 12.5W. Maximum combined output for the unit is 1000W.
Something that you usually don't find in a house brand is a unit packed full of features. These are often cut here and there to save on cost. That isn't the case with the Tachyon 1000W power supply. The full suite of protections are present, including OTP. All cables are fully sleeve with black mesh, both native and modular. The Tachyon 1000W is rated for 80 PLUS Platinum efficiency and 100% continuous output at 50C.
Rosewill has an MSRP of $239.99 on the Tachyon 1000W power supply. It is currently on sale at Newegg for $219.99 with free shipping. This puts it competitively priced with both the Kingwin LZP-100 and Seasonic Platinum 1000W units. Rosewill backs the Tachyon 1000W power supply with a five year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD