Since there wasn't a disc included you do have to go to the CM Storm website to retrieve the software and driver package. Download it, install it, and open it and you are greeted with this popping up on your desktop. The Trigger software opens to the Storm CFG tab and allows you to take control of establishing the profiles along the bottom. Once a profile is selected, you can change the functionality of any key on the board via this page and the function menu at the top.
Under the Profiles tab you can manage what profiles are kept where. While the 64KB of built in memory allows you to store five profiles on the keyboard, you can store as many as you have room for on the PC. This page allows you to be able to set the keyboard before you leave the house so you can just keep game profiles on the board and leave the Photoshop, or Excel shortcuts at home.
In the Macro Studio you have full control of the Macro keys and their functionality. As I set the test name to the left to start the Macro programming I am brought to this handy screen. It offers various ways of recording for different applications. 1:1 mode is an exact copy of what you do, with time left for the applications to open or the time needed to recharge before spamming the next cast. There is a speed mode if you just want to set a macro that has no need to wait for things to open, and then there is a God mode that has not shorter delays, but absolutely no delay in the combinations set into these Macros.
Something I saw after the first reboot, and was the first inclination that the Trigger had this ability. Since the ALT key is also labeled Marco. Hitting it then selecting a M-key, you can program Macros on the fly, and even if you didn't save it, the next time you restart the PC the software automatically scans for those you didn't save at that time, and does it at the boot of the PC for you.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [CM Storm Trigger Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 5 [CM Storm Trigger Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Disassembly and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NieR: Automata PC release date 'accidentally' revealed
- Nintendo Switch launch game exceeds console's storage
- AMD will dominate the mid-range with Ryzen 7 1700X
- AMD's new Ryzen 7 1800X: 8C/16T @ 4GHz for $499
- AMD's new Ryzen CPU hits 52% IPC improvement
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- E5450 oveclock on EP45-DS3L
- H97M Pro4 - Intel Smart Connect Technology is running in Win10 but not in Win7
- (GA X99 Designare) Anyone using a Beta BIOS?
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood