Since there wasn't a disc included you do have to go to the CM Storm website to retrieve the software and driver package. Download it, install it, and open it and you are greeted with this popping up on your desktop. The Trigger software opens to the Storm CFG tab and allows you to take control of establishing the profiles along the bottom. Once a profile is selected, you can change the functionality of any key on the board via this page and the function menu at the top.
Under the Profiles tab you can manage what profiles are kept where. While the 64KB of built in memory allows you to store five profiles on the keyboard, you can store as many as you have room for on the PC. This page allows you to be able to set the keyboard before you leave the house so you can just keep game profiles on the board and leave the Photoshop, or Excel shortcuts at home.
In the Macro Studio you have full control of the Macro keys and their functionality. As I set the test name to the left to start the Macro programming I am brought to this handy screen. It offers various ways of recording for different applications. 1:1 mode is an exact copy of what you do, with time left for the applications to open or the time needed to recharge before spamming the next cast. There is a speed mode if you just want to set a macro that has no need to wait for things to open, and then there is a God mode that has not shorter delays, but absolutely no delay in the combinations set into these Macros.
Something I saw after the first reboot, and was the first inclination that the Trigger had this ability. Since the ALT key is also labeled Marco. Hitting it then selecting a M-key, you can program Macros on the fly, and even if you didn't save it, the next time you restart the PC the software automatically scans for those you didn't save at that time, and does it at the boot of the PC for you.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [CM Storm Trigger Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 5 [CM Storm Trigger Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Disassembly and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Samsung Galaxy S7 will have Qualcomm or Samsung processors
- NVIDIA showed off its next-gen HBM-based Pascal GPU in Japan recently
- Players attempt to enter nostalgia trip as CODPROMOD kicks on
- Check out these official DOCTOR WHO wired and wireless headphones
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog