Temperatures, Cooling and Noise
The system, no doubt due in part to its ULV processor, managed to keep relatively cool during operation. Even through our strenuous torture testing, the system only got up to 96 degrees Fahrenheit on the front, though that was directly in the center of the keyboard.
On the flipside, we recorded a maximum of 98 degrees Fahrenheit, which is the coolest system we've ever had through our labs. 98 degrees, while warm, shouldn't pose any problems for direct contact unless exposed for prolonged periods of time.
The cooling system on the ASUS S56C doesn't have much heat production to cope with, but it still did an excellent job. It managed to keep the i5-3317U, and its on-board graphics chip, at a cool 72 degrees Celsius, the lowest we've recorded in the labs.
Note that the HD 4000 temperature was not actually reported. The reported CPU temperature was used as a stand-in since the two are together on a single piece of silicon in the newer Intel CPUs.
Impressively, the cooling system was whisper quiet. It was so quiet that it was hard to hear it running. We measured the sound output at a mere 36 decibels, a remarkable result. Our measurement is taken in front of the laptop at roughly head level. For comparison, 30dB is a totally quiet night time in the desert, 40dB is whispering and 60dB is a normal conversation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy VII Remake has destructible environments
- HTC's Snapdragon 835 powered flagship leaks - the HTC U
- Final Fantasy XIV free trial now has unlimited time
- SpaceX to launch first-ever used rocket to space
- Gamestop: we'll be chasing Switch supply this whole year
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design