Temperatures, Cooling and Noise
As you can see in the picture below, the keyboard gets pretty toasty when the system is under load and this can cause some discomfort during use. It reached a maximum temperature of 117, which is on the high-end of all of our systems. It's definitely something to be aware of if you plan to use the system while fully loaded.
The backside of the system fairs better, though not by much. We recorded a maximum of 110 degrees Fahrenheit, which can definitely do damage to your legs if just set there during hard use. It's important that this system be used on a hard surface during gaming or other intensive tasks.
During normal use, however, the system's cooling fans generally managed to keep system temperatures under control. When loaded, the system component temperatures spiked up to near 100 Celsius, which is near the boiling point of water.
The GPU reached 94 degrees Celsius, which is within specification for a video card. The CPU, however, shot up to 98 degrees Celsius, which is something that should be a bit worrying. It's not quite as bad as the GIGABYTE P2542G, though, as that reached 102 degrees Celsius.
This Maingear laptop produced a sound level of 49 decibels in our measurement. Our measurement is taken in front of the laptop at roughly head level. For comparison, 30dB is a totally quiet night time in the desert, 40dB is whispering and 60dB is a normal conversation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ashley Madison CEO stepping down after devastating data breach
- Final Fantasy 15 almost had VR support
- VR will slowly trickle to mainstream market, says Oculus founder
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- CryEngine 3 used for interior rendering demo, and it looks amazing
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20