Temperatures, Cooling and Noise
As you can see in the picture below, the keyboard gets pretty toasty when the system is under load and this can cause some discomfort during use. It reached a maximum temperature of 117, which is on the high-end of all of our systems. It's definitely something to be aware of if you plan to use the system while fully loaded.
The backside of the system fairs better, though not by much. We recorded a maximum of 110 degrees Fahrenheit, which can definitely do damage to your legs if just set there during hard use. It's important that this system be used on a hard surface during gaming or other intensive tasks.
During normal use, however, the system's cooling fans generally managed to keep system temperatures under control. When loaded, the system component temperatures spiked up to near 100 Celsius, which is near the boiling point of water.
The GPU reached 94 degrees Celsius, which is within specification for a video card. The CPU, however, shot up to 98 degrees Celsius, which is something that should be a bit worrying. It's not quite as bad as the GIGABYTE P2542G, though, as that reached 102 degrees Celsius.
This Maingear laptop produced a sound level of 49 decibels in our measurement. Our measurement is taken in front of the laptop at roughly head level. For comparison, 30dB is a totally quiet night time in the desert, 40dB is whispering and 60dB is a normal conversation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Chrome is Windows 10 users' browser of choice
- MIT students build Jetson TK1 racecars for final assignment
- HBO Now comes to Roku
- Facebook expanding Like button feature with 'Reactions'
- Fallout 4 PC requirements revealed
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent