Temperatures, Cooling and Noise
As you can see in the picture below, the keyboard gets pretty toasty when the system is under load and this can cause some discomfort during use. It reached a maximum temperature of 117, which is on the high-end of all of our systems. It's definitely something to be aware of if you plan to use the system while fully loaded.
The backside of the system fairs better, though not by much. We recorded a maximum of 110 degrees Fahrenheit, which can definitely do damage to your legs if just set there during hard use. It's important that this system be used on a hard surface during gaming or other intensive tasks.
During normal use, however, the system's cooling fans generally managed to keep system temperatures under control. When loaded, the system component temperatures spiked up to near 100 Celsius, which is near the boiling point of water.
The GPU reached 94 degrees Celsius, which is within specification for a video card. The CPU, however, shot up to 98 degrees Celsius, which is something that should be a bit worrying. It's not quite as bad as the GIGABYTE P2542G, though, as that reached 102 degrees Celsius.
This Maingear laptop produced a sound level of 49 decibels in our measurement. Our measurement is taken in front of the laptop at roughly head level. For comparison, 30dB is a totally quiet night time in the desert, 40dB is whispering and 60dB is a normal conversation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Nintendo sues company for real life Mario Kart racing
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications