Inside the Cooler Master Storm Stryker
Looking inside the Stryker you see a lot of white with a splash of black here and there. Since the hardware is sent in the caddy at the bottom of the bays, there is nothing strapped up or tucked away inside, just the large bundle of wiring hanging near the bays.
The three 5.25" bays at the top of the chassis are well below all of the front I/O wiring to get full use of them. These bays will require you to use provided thumbscrews for the mounting of drives or devices.
There are two, three drive racks for 3.5" drives. Each has its own white fan to cool its three bays and these also have white LEDs when powered. You need to pull a thumbscrew from each side of both drives and then they become removable.
Not only will the bays come out, but the black support plates still in the chassis can be arranged to reinstall these racks from front to back. While it does make a waste of the vents on the sides, this arrangement will deliver more air to the main compartment of the chassis.
In the top of the chassis you have this white 200mm fan already in place. If you want to water cool, there is room for a dual 120mm radiator here, but fans on both sides may cause issues. There are also holes for a pair of 140mm fans or a dual 140mm radiator.
The motherboard tray starts with a trio of holes at the top for wiring, a huge CPU access hole and a trio of management holes with grommets in them. All over the tray you can locate the 20 tie points that really aid in wire management.
On the floor of the chassis there are two long rubber pads for the PSU to rest on at the back. Near the front there is a removable rack for three 2.5" drives that will allow for a 120mm fan to be installed there.
The back of the chassis also incorporates a white fan and this 140mm can be replaced with a 120mm fan for AIO coolers. As for the 9+1 expansion slots, they have replaceable slot covers that are all held in and secured with thumbscrews.
On the left is the Molex to power the fan controller and an extra LED power lead for a fan. Then you run into the front panel headers, USB 2.0, HD Audio and the native USB 3.0 connections. On the right are four 3-pin fan connectors and two LED power leads for the included fans in the chassis.
There is roughly 25mm of room to tie up wiring and keeping the inside clean. If that doesn't seem like a ton of room to you, don't forget there is near that inside of the door panel as well, so pile on the wiring, as there is plenty of room.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Sony is working on a Remote Play app for Windows and OS X
- Acer Predator gaming notebooks feature i7-6700HQ, 980M, 4K, G-SYNC
- AMD says price drop on their GPUs isn't their doing
- Multiple Instagram accounts now supported on Android
- Make us an awesome TweakTown wallpaper, win a Corsair Hydro H110i GT
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader