The first time I set my eyes on this cooler was during CES 2012 and here we are now with the full release of this cooler. In the CES hotel suite I saw a few coolers on the display table, but the one that grabbed my attention first had weird elongated oval chrome caps on the top of the cooler with the usual caps covering the tops of six heat pipes as well.
I had to just pick up this cooler to see exactly what was going on and when I looked at the base of this cooler. I was shown something I have never seen before in CPU cooling technology, the use of long vertical vapor chambers to compliment the heat removing action that heat pipes have done already for many years.
Now I was also told then that Cooler Master was the only manufacturer to hold the rights to do this sort of thing in CPU cooling. While I assume this idea will be looked at by every other manufacturer on the planet, Cooler Master is the only one currently adapting this technology into their coolers. We all know that vapor chambers have worked well in GPU cooling for many years already, so it almost seems natural that it should find itself in a CPU cooler.
The real gains to be had is that just the vapor chambers of this cooler are rated to handle 120W a piece and that isn't taking into account the six heat pipes that run along it. Essentially that puts this latest cooler in the 300W+ (roughly speaking) cooling range, even thought it isn't "rated" by Cooler Master at any specific value.
The cooler I posted news of during CES about and the cooler we are about to get really friendly with here in a page or two is the TPC 812 from Cooler Master. While this cooler may seem like a bit of Frankenstein's monster with the addition of wide flat vapor chambers into a tower cooler design with six heat pipes running through it as well, it seems like there would be a lot of cramming things in to make it all fit and work as it should.
The truth is Cooler Master has come up with an elegant solution to adding them in, both to the base and the fins, as well as delivering an aesthetically pleasing design at a really good price. All that is left for me to do is see just how well this new concept in CPU coolers can handle the abuse we deliver during the testing phase.
Stick around and see just how well the TPC 812 does against some of the bigger and more expensive coolers on the list.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Cooler Master TPC 812 Vertical Vapor Chamber CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Some iPhone 6S handsets are running so hot they are shutting down
- Roku 4 announced, has 4K support, remote finder and much more
- Tesla founder deletes his tweet that hinted towards 'Model Y' vehicle
- Halo 5 will have a 'much more sociable' story thanks to 4-player co-op
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio