Specifications, Pricing and Availability
In their specifications and marketing literature, Corsair is not promoting the SF-2282 controller found in their 180GB drives. Corsair also offers the Force Series GT in 60GB, 90GB, 120GB, the 180GB that we are looking at today, 240GB and finally a massive 480GB. The two odd sizes are the 90GB and 180GB. We know for sure the 180GB model has the SF-2282 controller with 24 synchronous 25nm Micron flash chips, but can't say with certainly if the 90GB is using the same configuration just with half of the flash. Because of that let's just focus on the 180GB capacity size today. We've already reviewed the 240GB Force Series GT and the 120GB Force Series GT.
Looking at the technical specifications not much has really changed on the published side. The numbers are the same for the 180GB as they are the 240GB Force Series GT. Corsair lists a sequential read speed of up to 555MB/s and a write speed of 525MB/s. Random 4K aligned IOPS are stated at 85,000, typical for a SandForce based drive.
Corsair lists an MSRP on their website of $319.99 and you can purchase this model directly from Corsair. Newegg lists the Force Series GT 180GB at 244.99 and that fits in nicely with the 120GB model at $169.99 and the 240GB model at $319.99. At the time of writing Newegg lists a mail in rebate on the Force Series GT 180GB drive that we are looking at today. The MIR takes the cost down to 209.99 which is a very good mark because we see several 120GB drives based on the SandForce SF-2281 controller selling for right around the same amount.
Corsair offers a three year warranty with the Force GT Series. Also, in the retail package Corsair includes a desktop adapter bracket and screws for mounting your drive. Most of this stuff you already know, so let's dive right in and see why this drive is different.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [Corsair Force GT 180GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS ROG Strix XG32VQ: 31.5-inch 1440p 144Hz FreeSync
- GALAX GeForce GTX 1070 Katana: hands-on with the ninja
- GALAX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti HOF Limited Edition detailed
- GALAX shows off GTX 1080 Ti HOF OC Lab Edition
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z in detail
- Intel Introduces X299, Kabylake-X, and Skylake-X
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Western Digital to deliver world's first client solid state drives with 64-layer 3D NAND technology
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card