Hitting the delete button to get into the BIOS for the first time I had my eyes closed as I was prepared to be greeted with a horrible UEFI BIOS from a company that hadn't done anything in this area yet. Inside and eyes wide open, though, I really found myself pleasantly surprised to see what Sapphire had done with the American Megatrends BIOS.
From the moment you entered it looked good and across the bottom of each page we have some of our main system information being displayed like frequencies, voltages and temperatures.
If you're in the BIOS the chances are the main area you want to be in is the performance section and the setup is actually really basic and easy to navigate. While basic, though, the options are pretty strong and you can see we've got a good line up of voltage and RAM options.
As for the rest of the BIOS there's no real surprise as you've got your normal line up of options that let you disable features, setup boot options and gives you the ability to save the current settings as the user defaults. Moving throughout the BIOS, though, it looks good and the fact that it's just really easy to navigate is exactly what you want in a BIOS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy 15 isn't completely open-world
- Nintendo admits it has to communicate better with the NX
- Open-source Piton CPU can scale into million-core system
- Steam allows No Man's Sky refunds regardless of playtime
- Halo 5 Forge needs 16GB of RAM for 4K at 60FPS on the PC
- GB's z170x G7's audio compared to G1's
- Overwatch Eichenwalde Map Preview
- 1833MHz memory in Asus PU551LA
- New Build - About to Press BUY
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Performance Analysis
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller