Hitting the delete button to get into the BIOS for the first time I had my eyes closed as I was prepared to be greeted with a horrible UEFI BIOS from a company that hadn't done anything in this area yet. Inside and eyes wide open, though, I really found myself pleasantly surprised to see what Sapphire had done with the American Megatrends BIOS.
From the moment you entered it looked good and across the bottom of each page we have some of our main system information being displayed like frequencies, voltages and temperatures.
If you're in the BIOS the chances are the main area you want to be in is the performance section and the setup is actually really basic and easy to navigate. While basic, though, the options are pretty strong and you can see we've got a good line up of voltage and RAM options.
As for the rest of the BIOS there's no real surprise as you've got your normal line up of options that let you disable features, setup boot options and gives you the ability to save the current settings as the user defaults. Moving throughout the BIOS, though, it looks good and the fact that it's just really easy to navigate is exactly what you want in a BIOS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Major cyber attack knocks out popular websites
- Cassini's final year of its epic voyage to Saturn
- Nintendo won't reveal full Switch specs until 2017
- Nintendo Switch may have extra power while docked
- Mass Effect: Andromeda has 1080p enhancements on PS4 Pro
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- EVGA DG-87 Full-Tower Gaming Chassis Review
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system