Earlier this month we took a look at the new 1000W ProSeries power supply from XFX. The new unit sported lots of power, Platinum efficiency and a ton of connectors, but it came at a hefty price. XFX also added a few more power supplies to their lineup and today we are going to be taking a look at the highest wattage unit that they offer.
This is the 1250W ProSeries power supply. It doesn't offer Platinum efficiency, but it offers the same set of features and an extra set of PCI-E connectors with very little additional cost and a mild drop in efficiency. Keep reading on to find out how well the ProSeries 1250W performs and if it is worth your hard earned money.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
XFX kept the single 12V rail on the ProSeries 1250W power supply and upped the amperage to 104A of power. That is quite a lot of power to be pushing through a single rail, but it has been many times without issue. Both the 3.3V and 5V rails are rated for 25A each with a combined max output of 150W. We feel this is a tad on the low side for a 1250W power supply. It would be nicer to see the minor rails rated for about 30A each with a combined total output of 175W or more.
XFX's ProSeries 1250W power supply has nearly a full set of features and almost gets a green check across the board. All of the protections are there, including the Over Temperature Protection. The unit has an 80Plus Gold certification but isn't rated for 100% continuous output at 50C. This should be a must in a power supply of this caliber as it is almost certainly going to be put under extreme loads for extended periods of time. All of the cables are modular and fully sleeved on the unit.
We were able to find the new ProSeries 1250W power supply readily available at a very wide variety of places and the power supply has an MSRP of $269.99. We couldn't find anyone that could beat Newegg's price on the unit, coming in at $269.99 with free shipping. XFX backs the ProSeries 1250W with a five year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- This fan made 'Indiana Jones' animated short rocks
- Cyberpunk 2077 has 'huge living cities,' real-time AI
- Quantum Break on Steam missing SLI support, DirectX 12
- NX will get Nintendo 'back into the race,' says Ubisoft
- Commodore 64 still running auto shop after 25 years
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now