Version and / or Patch Used: 1.70.1400
Developer Homepage: http://www.aida64.com
Product Homepage: http://www.AIDA64.com
Replacing Everest in our labs is AIDA64. This new testing suite is from the core development team from Lavalys and continues that tradition. The guys have thrown in better support for multithreaded CPUs as well as full 64 bit support. We use this to test memory and HDDs for now, but may find ourselves opening this up to other areas of the motherboard.
HD Tune Pro
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.61
Developer Homepage: http://www.hdtune.com
Product Homepage: http://www.hdtune.com
HD Tune Pro gives us accurate read, write and access time results and for the last couple of years has been gaining popularity amongst reviewers. It is now considered a must have application for storage device testing.
You can see looking at our SATA III performance the MSI offering falls a fair bit behind our ASUS offerings, but does perform better than the 990FX based board. We quite often see SATA III performance bounce around on boards, even if it's using the same controller.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel preparing AIO liquid cooler for enthusisats
- Intel Core i9-7980XE: 18C/36T chip costs $2000
- Scale 'The Great Wall' to take home a Blu-ray on us!
- Western Digital reveals two 64-layer 3D NAND SSDs
- Win 'Gold' in our Blu-ray giveway!
- Intel Introduces X299, Kabylake-X, and Skylake-X
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Western Digital to deliver world's first client solid state drives with 64-layer 3D NAND technology
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card