Version and / or Patch Used: 1.70.1400
Developer Homepage: http://www.aida64.com
Product Homepage: http://www.AIDA64.com
Replacing Everest in our labs is AIDA64. This new testing suite is from the core development team from Lavalys and continues that tradition. The guys have thrown in better support for multithreaded CPUs as well as full 64 bit support. We use this to test memory and HDDs for now, but may find ourselves opening this up to other areas of the motherboard.
HD Tune Pro
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.61
Developer Homepage: http://www.hdtune.com
Product Homepage: http://www.hdtune.com
HD Tune Pro gives us accurate read, write and access time results and for the last couple of years has been gaining popularity amongst reviewers. It is now considered a must have application for storage device testing.
You can see looking at our SATA III performance the MSI offering falls a fair bit behind our ASUS offerings, but does perform better than the 990FX based board. We quite often see SATA III performance bounce around on boards, even if it's using the same controller.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1 has Async Compute and DX12, expect 'DX12 fireworks'
- Volkswagen fraud settlement biggest in US history, hits $15 billion
- Dell's new 70-inch touchscreen for schools unveiled, costs $5000
- Battlefield 1 will have DX12 support, current alpha runs very smooth
- How the PS4 Neo and Xbox Scorpio are frustrating and confusing gamers
- Deleted driver software
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G - Silent Gaming Major OC Headroom
- New Gaming Build - Looking fro feedback
- Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis Review
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines