The last time we took a look at a power supply from OCZ, it was their top of the line ZX850 power supply. It featured just about everything you could ask for in a power supply, including superb performance, 100% modular cabling, 80Plus Gold efficiency and more. While the top of the line units are great for those who aren't on a budget, they certainly aren't for everyone. Today we are going to take a look at the opposite end of the spectrum, the ZS750.
OCZ launched the new ZS series of power supplies back in late July and is available in 550W, 650W and 750W varieties. The Senior VP of Power Management at OCZ stated that, "The new ZS line of power supplies provides customers with the ideal blend of quality, performance, and efficiency for power hungry desktops." - We will take an in depth look at the ZS750 and see just how well OCZ has blended the three and if it is worthy of your money.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Each of the minor rails is capable of outputting 22A and together they have a combined output of 130W. This is a tad bit less than we would like to see in a 750W unit, but since this isn't an enthusiast unit, we won't complain too much. 12V power is handled via a single rail that is capable of 54A of power for a total of 648W of power. While this isn't the most spectacular output we have seen from a 750W unit, it should be more than sufficient.
The ZS750 certainly lacks a few of the features we have become accustomed to seeing in our power supplies. OCZ doesn't rate the ZS series at 100% continuous output at 50C, but rather at a more modest 40C. The ZS750 also lacks Over Power Protection and Over Temperature Protection.
Getting your hands on the OCZ ZS series of power supplies shouldn't prove to be any trouble. The company has excellent market penetration and product availability. Newegg had the best price for the ZS750 at the time of writing this article, as the unit was listed for $99.99 with a 10% off code and free shipping. That means $90 for the unit shipped to your door. OCZ backs the ZS series of power supplies with a (somewhat short) 3-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Extended 'Independence Day: Resurgence' trailer shares new secrets
- Uncharted 4 smashes Halo 5 in first week sales with 2.7 million units
- Anniversary Update will let Windows 10 run on more devices
- Homefront: The Revolution's CPU scaling is bugged
- Spotify matches Apple Music family plan pricing
- H61M-DS2 Memory Problem
- A Case Idea
- Enermax ETS-N30R-HE and ETS-N30R-TAA CPU Cooler Review
- GA-EP45-DS4 BIOS recovery
- MB J3710M + PCIe SATA controller = No POST
- Crucial announces Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 SODIMMs
- Lian Li announces new Ebonsteel Series PC cases
- G.SKILL announces 3200MHz breakthrough in DDR4 SO-DIMM high capacity memory kits
- Colorful releases the world's first GeForce GTX 1080 video card
- Zotac Zbox Mini PC has even smaller footprint with new PC stick