What is there to say about a storage product that I personally shot with a shotgun and watched it come to life as soon as it was plugged into a USB port? Amazing, incredible, unreal, wicked I really just don't know where to begin. You see, my job is to look at a product and find faults. The companies that send these products hate that I do things in reverse, but take great pleasure in having an honest opinion on their products (when the results are favorable).
Many product reviewers look at a product and emphasize the good and downplay the shortcomings, but I see a lot of products and many of these products do many things well. It's the shortcomings end users want to know about before they make a purchase.
The ioSafe Rugged Portable is heavy. This damn thing weighs as much as a brick; OK maybe as much as half a brick. That's it - it weighs as much as half a brick. After spending the last three months toting a 750GB Rugged Portable around in a backpack and using it exclusively as my personal portable storage device, that is the best I can come up with.
Now that I've told you about the only fault I could find with the ioSafe Rugged Portable, let me tell you about how amazing, incredible, unreal and wicked this storage device is.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The ioSafe Rugged Portable]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tach]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung reveals the Galaxy Note8 launch date
- LG Launches Q8, mini version of the V20
- Blizzard killing support for WinXP, Vista this October
- Nintendo's Fire Emblem mobile game rakes in $114 million
- New leak shows iPhone 8's fingerprint reader on the back
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4