What is there to say about a storage product that I personally shot with a shotgun and watched it come to life as soon as it was plugged into a USB port? Amazing, incredible, unreal, wicked I really just don't know where to begin. You see, my job is to look at a product and find faults. The companies that send these products hate that I do things in reverse, but take great pleasure in having an honest opinion on their products (when the results are favorable).
Many product reviewers look at a product and emphasize the good and downplay the shortcomings, but I see a lot of products and many of these products do many things well. It's the shortcomings end users want to know about before they make a purchase.
The ioSafe Rugged Portable is heavy. This damn thing weighs as much as a brick; OK maybe as much as half a brick. That's it - it weighs as much as half a brick. After spending the last three months toting a 750GB Rugged Portable around in a backpack and using it exclusively as my personal portable storage device, that is the best I can come up with.
Now that I've told you about the only fault I could find with the ioSafe Rugged Portable, let me tell you about how amazing, incredible, unreal and wicked this storage device is.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The ioSafe Rugged Portable]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tach]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft says The Division being held back on PC 'simply not true'
- Telstra outage in Australia caused by 'embarrassing human error'
- Explosive new 'Independence Day' TV spot, poster go live
- Rise of the Tomb Raider could soon receive DX12 abilities
- The Division will require 32GB of HDD space on the Xbox One
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance