What is there to say about a storage product that I personally shot with a shotgun and watched it come to life as soon as it was plugged into a USB port? Amazing, incredible, unreal, wicked I really just don't know where to begin. You see, my job is to look at a product and find faults. The companies that send these products hate that I do things in reverse, but take great pleasure in having an honest opinion on their products (when the results are favorable).
Many product reviewers look at a product and emphasize the good and downplay the shortcomings, but I see a lot of products and many of these products do many things well. It's the shortcomings end users want to know about before they make a purchase.
The ioSafe Rugged Portable is heavy. This damn thing weighs as much as a brick; OK maybe as much as half a brick. That's it - it weighs as much as half a brick. After spending the last three months toting a 750GB Rugged Portable around in a backpack and using it exclusively as my personal portable storage device, that is the best I can come up with.
Now that I've told you about the only fault I could find with the ioSafe Rugged Portable, let me tell you about how amazing, incredible, unreal and wicked this storage device is.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The ioSafe Rugged Portable]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tach]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spectacles are finally available for online purchase
- Moto G5 and G5 Plus specs leak ahead of the launch
- HTC's new One X10 teased, a new budget 5.5-inch phone
- Nintendo Switch may use 4GB LPDDR4 1600MHz RAM
- 'Never Go Back' with our 'Jack Reacher' Blu-ray giveaway
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league