Antec is certainly well known throughout the industry for their quality power supplies at an affordable price. The units that we've taken a look at in the past have proven to be no exception to this and we wanted to take a look at another unit from Antec to see what they had to offer for our readers. Antec kindly responded to our request and sent us over the HCG-620.
The HCG-620 doesn't feature the same bold looking enclosure that you find in the HCG-750 and HCG-900, but it does offer a lot of the same features. While the HCG-620 might not be packed with all of the latest and greatest protections and features, it does promise to bring some quality power to the table at a great price point.
Just how much quality does it bring to the table for its low price? That's what we are here to find out, so keep reading as we go through the HCG-620 from the start of the AC input to the end of the DC outputs.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Antec's HCG-620 comes swinging out of the box with a single 48A rail capable of 576W. While it isn't capable of nearly 100% of the total output on the 12V rail, it is capable of well over 90%. The minor rails are rated for 24A of power each with a combined total output of 130W. This should be more than ample for any computer that wouldn't overload the power supply.
Antec's HCG line-up lacks both the over temperature protection and is not rated for 100% continuous output at 50C, and the HCG-620 is no exception. The HCG-620 doesn't have any modular cables either. It does, however, have a majority of the protections you look for including OCP and SCP. All of the cables are fully sleeved.
Trying to find an Antec power supply is never a problem as the company has excellent market penetration and the HCG-620 is no exception. While the HCG-620 retails for $79.99, a quick search will yield Amazon as the cheapest place to buy the power supply at the time of writing. Amazon offers it for $69.99 with free shipping. Antec backs the unit with a 3-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Del Toro says 'Hellboy 3' is dead
- The Galaxy Note7 might be coming back with a new battery
- Nier: Automata on PC likely delayed due to piracy fears
- Nintendo Switch runs cool, about 37C under load
- Samsung's next VR headset could come with a controller
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league