The GT Omega Racing Simulator
The plan was to have my game theater room completed before the GT Omega Racing Simulator arrived. I've never worked in construction or built a room before and can now tell you that it doesn't happen overnight when working on your own. I now know that all of those HGTV shows are leaving a few things out!
After you spend a considerable amount of time unwrapping each component, you are left with a lot of parts. It actually takes longer to unwrap everything than it does to put the Simulator together.
All of the components are easily recognizable, so putting the package together is quite easy. This is a very good thing because the instructions come via 10 pictures on a black and white piece of paper.
Included in the kit are three bags of screws and a tool that lets you put it all together. The tool works fine for the task, but you might want to grab some basic metric wrenches to speed along the process if you have them.
When putting the kit together, I found enough bolts to build the system and install my Logitech G25 wheel, pedals and shifter. I can't believe how much better the G25 is when actually bolted down compared to using the Logitech mounting system. We'll get into those details in a bit.
In less than an hour I had the basic setup put together and the Logitech G25 installed. After a couple of quick tweaks the shifter was where I like it, as was the wheel. In being able to do this, I ran out to my car a few times to get the perfect position fresh in my mind. The GT Omega Racing Simulator was versatile enough to mimic the same seating position I use in my Mercedes C320 Sport. The only thing it doesn't do is move my seat back and retract the wheel when I turn off the key.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Naughty Dog announces March 18, 2016 release for Uncharted 4 on PS4
- Google is trying to make 4K video less demanding on your connection
- FBI says companies lost $1.2B due to email scams since October 2013
- Qualcomm's next chip will use machine learning to detect malware
- Intel teases 100TB or larger SSDs for 2020
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20