You can read more about TweakTown's Storage Product Testing Workstation and the procedures followed to test products in this article.
In my time away from the office, several Agility 3 reviews surfaced. I haven't read all of them, but I've briefed over several. At this time I'm confident that most SSD reviewers are spending about as much time with their samples as I did reading their reviews.
As I stated previously, on the surface the Agility 3 appears to be great, but you are reading this because you don't want to know what is on the surface; that information is available all over the place; press releases, the product webpage and in forums. Let's break the surface and see what's really happening and what kind of performance you will see with the Agility 3 in your system.
ATTO Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
ATTO is used by many disk manufacturers to determine the read and write speeds that will be presented to customers.
ATTO gave us some exciting insight into the Agility 3. On the read side we found the Agility 3 delivering more performance than stated by OCZ, a full 550MB/s, the same as the Vertex 3. The write speed also matched the Vertex 3, 500MB/s. We think OCZ is downplaying the ATTO performance numbers in order to distinguish the Agility 3 from the Vertex 3. Both drives give you nearly the same performance in this benchmark that has became the industry standard for measuring marketing performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The OCZ Agility 3 240GB]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Polaris is exciting, but will this be the GPU we're looking for?
- China is the first to have an autonomous police robot, with a taser
- The 'Space Jam' sequel is happening for reals this time
- VR could be awesome as a mainstream device, but it might be held back
- Oculus Rift to be sold in-store at Best Buy starting May 7
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched