I'm in love with this board. I'm just a real sucker for mATX boards and when they can offer the same kind of performance as their big brothers it makes them even more attractive. The thing is, if that wasn't enough already, the ASRock Z68 Pro3-M comes in at $114.99 US. That's just an amazing price; it's actually the cheapest Z68 board currently listed on Newegg.com.
The Z68 Pro3-M is an attractive option for a lot of people. If you want to get in to the Z68 platform on the cheap, the aggressive price tag is fantastic. If you want to build a nice little LAN box based on the new chipset, this is a great option and it's great you're not paying more for the privilege of having a smaller board.
If you're just looking for something cheap, though, and don't need all the bells and whistles that are present on larger boards, it's also the perfect choice due to the price. ASRock have just done a really good job with the new Z68 platform and been extremely aggressive on the pricing scale, making them a stand out.
The Z68 Pro3-M is going to satisfy the needs of a lot of people and while it might be a little lacking in a big bundle and overclocking might not be as strong as its biggest brother, the Z68 Extreme4, which carriers a much larger heatsink setup, the Pro3-M preforms extremely well at stock and still managed to achieve a 4.9GHz overclock.
Just being that you're buying a cheap board, it doesn't mean you're getting a low quality one, and that's probably the most important thing to know. For $114.99 US you're getting a board that's able to perform just as well as more expensive ones while at the same time giving you the case flexibility thanks to its mATX platform. In the end, if you don't mind the larger ATX size, you can also spend the extra $5 and check out the Z68 Pro3 for $119.9; a board that has come down in price since we reviewed it only days ago.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [CPU Benchmarks Continued]
- Page 8 [Storage Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 12 [Z68 Specific Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bethsoft teases Fallout 4 DLC and huge Survivor Mode changes
- Qualcomm aims to make smartwatches much better with new chip
- Microsoft to reveal new Windows 10 and Xbox One plans this month
- Rainbow Six Siege update 2.1 now on PC, adds custom dedicated servers
- Only digital pre-orders unlock access to the Hitman beta
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance