I'm in love with this board. I'm just a real sucker for mATX boards and when they can offer the same kind of performance as their big brothers it makes them even more attractive. The thing is, if that wasn't enough already, the ASRock Z68 Pro3-M comes in at $114.99 US. That's just an amazing price; it's actually the cheapest Z68 board currently listed on Newegg.com.
The Z68 Pro3-M is an attractive option for a lot of people. If you want to get in to the Z68 platform on the cheap, the aggressive price tag is fantastic. If you want to build a nice little LAN box based on the new chipset, this is a great option and it's great you're not paying more for the privilege of having a smaller board.
If you're just looking for something cheap, though, and don't need all the bells and whistles that are present on larger boards, it's also the perfect choice due to the price. ASRock have just done a really good job with the new Z68 platform and been extremely aggressive on the pricing scale, making them a stand out.
The Z68 Pro3-M is going to satisfy the needs of a lot of people and while it might be a little lacking in a big bundle and overclocking might not be as strong as its biggest brother, the Z68 Extreme4, which carriers a much larger heatsink setup, the Pro3-M preforms extremely well at stock and still managed to achieve a 4.9GHz overclock.
Just being that you're buying a cheap board, it doesn't mean you're getting a low quality one, and that's probably the most important thing to know. For $114.99 US you're getting a board that's able to perform just as well as more expensive ones while at the same time giving you the case flexibility thanks to its mATX platform. In the end, if you don't mind the larger ATX size, you can also spend the extra $5 and check out the Z68 Pro3 for $119.9; a board that has come down in price since we reviewed it only days ago.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [CPU Benchmarks Continued]
- Page 8 [Storage Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 12 [Z68 Specific Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch beta goes live on all platforms
- New Xbox will be '5 times more powerful' than PS4 Neo, rocks 10 TFLOPs
- NVIDIA confirms the GeForce GTX 1080 cooler, kinda
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 leaked benchmarks tease 8GB RAM at 10GHz
- Live TV coming to YouTube coming next year, sources say
- Windows 10 install - Raid 0 SSDs
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Slim Drive 2TB USB C Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Speaker Review
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Turtle Beach reinvents eSports gaming headsets with the Elite Pro
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini