Specifications, Pricing and Availability
In our first review of the OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G we snickered a bit about OWCs very conservative sustained read and write performance quotes. On the day our article went live OWC changed their estimates and the revised spec list now reflects the same performance we observed in our article. The new revised spec list shows the Mercury Extreme Pro 6G achieving 559MB/s read and 527MB/s write when using SATA 6G. At this time IOPS is quoted as 60K IOPS at random 4KB.
OWC is in the process of rolling out three capacity points for the new Pro 6G SF-2281 models with 7% over provisioning. Those are 120GB, 240GB and a large 480GB capacity size. Each size will have a little different real world performance, but for the most part all drives are pretty equal in these three capacity sizes.
When it comes to pricing and availability, I've ripped an image from OWC's website from the time of writing. The 120GB drive is already available and shipping. The image shows the 240GB as being in a pre-order status, but by the time you read this, they will be shipping as well. The 480GB model will be ready just shortly after.
When it comes to add ons and accessories, OWC has a 3 year warranty with their Mercury Extreme Pro 6G, but the drive does not come with a desktop adapter bracket. OWC does list a few aftermarket brackets for both PC and MAC users on their website, macsales.com.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Germany to Facebook: Stop collecting Whatsapp user data
- OBS Studio adds support for AMD Video Coding Engine
- Halo 5, Forza Horizon 3 first games with Microsoft DRM
- How to get 1TB of lifetime cloud storage for only $39
- NASA finds strong evidence of water plumes on Europa
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now