The overall cooler design is similar to what we've seen before from Gainward, but the shroud is a little different. As always, though, the black and red combination looks really good.
A quick spin around the card will find the same 6-Pin PCI-E power connector we saw on the MSI GTX 550 Ti Cyclone II. This time it's on top of the card instead of the back, though. Across the top, but closer to the front we have a single SLI connector.
Connectivity in typical Gainward style is different to most other cards with a full size HDMI port, VGA and Dual-Link DVI port. It's a bit of a mixed bag for me as I think this is a little weaker than the two DVI adapters, especially since we don't have a mini-HDMI to DVI adapter included. Most, though, are going to find this connection setup fine.
Gainward has always been aggressive with the Golden Sample series and they've been especially aggressive recently with these mid-range offerings like the GTX 560 Ti. The GTX 550 Ti is no different with a default core clock of 1GHz, 50MHz up on the MSI GTX 550 Ti Cyclone II we looked at and 100MHz up on the default core.
The increased core speed means our Shader clock has bumped up to 2000MHz. The good news is that Gainward hasn't chosen to ignore the memory either, boosting that above reference and the MSI we looked at. Here we see the 1GB of GDDR5 carries with it a 4400MHz QDR memory clock.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GeForce GTX 1080 Ti teased from ZOTAC's FireStorm OC software
- Inno3D unleashes GeForce GTX 1080 iChill series, led by HerculeZ X4
- The Last Guardian coming in 2016, new footage and screenshots released
- Become a certified Microsoft Office expert with this bundle
- See the cancelled Legacy of Kain game in action
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles