The ASUS RT-N56U is a nice looking piece of hardware. It also can perform for you within certain limitations. These limitations seem to be range and penetration (of walls etc.). As long as you are inside the line of site you can maintain great connection speeds and also excellent throughput. It is when you break that line of site that we have an issue.
Still, considering this is a piece of hardware that would look good in an exposed area in your house, you might be able to get away with having it out in the open. On the UI and feature side the RT-N56U has plenty to help make this one of the more versatile wireless routers we have tested. The UI itself is designed with the consumer in mind. They have kept things simple so that almost anyone can work it. Outside of that the network map page is good for seeing the status of your network at any time.
I have to say that while I like the flexibility of your more traditional Web UIs, I do like the streamlined flavor that ASUS has. Of course, for the traditionalist there are still the advanced pages for you to work with. Overall, the RT-N56U is a great product at a good price.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Project CARS 2 latest screenshots look amazing
- BlackBerry announces KEYone, with Pixel's camera sensor
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications