The Galaxis ARES Mid Tower Case
With all of the packaging removed the ARES stands tall with bold lines, colorful accent, and a door with both a window and a 180mm blue LED fan.
A bold chrome logo is placed on one of the three removable drive covers. This touch of chrome sort of goes along with the silver chevron halves on either side of the bezel, just above where the ventilation starts. Mixed in with the slits in the plastic, Galaxis places an "X" in a blue box, blocking off quite a bit of where the ARES takes its fresh breath of air.
The front I/O comes made of two halves essentially. The top two USB 2.0 ports are part of a tray for USB drives, keys, whatever, with the power and reset buttons near the leading edge. The lower half of the I/O consists of two USB 2.0 ports, the HD audio connections, and the e-SATA port.
Looking from the side, you can see the tray and a fan at the rear of the chassis stand proud of the roof. The side panel is made of steel and offers a large window flanked to the left by a 180mm blue LED fan. The window is made of one piece of acrylic with an overlay to break up the window and frame out the fan and mesh covering.
The back is build like any other bottom mount PSU chassis'. The rear I/O area is flanked by a 120mm blue LED exhaust fan with a very open grill pattern to allow better air flow. Between them and the seven ventilated expansion slots with the venting along its side, you will find two holes with grommets to allow for tubing or wiring going through the back of the case.
Most rear panels are pretty plain aside from finding a finger hold molder into the rear of the door. Here we have a visually appealing, simple design to break up the large black expanse of steel.
Under the ARES you can see the chassis is supported with medium sized rubber feet close to the corners. Under the power supply there is a cut away to allow the fan to draw air from under the chassis. Moving closer to the front, there is a spot for an additional 120mm fan to be installed, if you choose to do so.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup