The Galaxis ARES Mid Tower Case
With all of the packaging removed the ARES stands tall with bold lines, colorful accent, and a door with both a window and a 180mm blue LED fan.
A bold chrome logo is placed on one of the three removable drive covers. This touch of chrome sort of goes along with the silver chevron halves on either side of the bezel, just above where the ventilation starts. Mixed in with the slits in the plastic, Galaxis places an "X" in a blue box, blocking off quite a bit of where the ARES takes its fresh breath of air.
The front I/O comes made of two halves essentially. The top two USB 2.0 ports are part of a tray for USB drives, keys, whatever, with the power and reset buttons near the leading edge. The lower half of the I/O consists of two USB 2.0 ports, the HD audio connections, and the e-SATA port.
Looking from the side, you can see the tray and a fan at the rear of the chassis stand proud of the roof. The side panel is made of steel and offers a large window flanked to the left by a 180mm blue LED fan. The window is made of one piece of acrylic with an overlay to break up the window and frame out the fan and mesh covering.
The back is build like any other bottom mount PSU chassis'. The rear I/O area is flanked by a 120mm blue LED exhaust fan with a very open grill pattern to allow better air flow. Between them and the seven ventilated expansion slots with the venting along its side, you will find two holes with grommets to allow for tubing or wiring going through the back of the case.
Most rear panels are pretty plain aside from finding a finger hold molder into the rear of the door. Here we have a visually appealing, simple design to break up the large black expanse of steel.
Under the ARES you can see the chassis is supported with medium sized rubber feet close to the corners. Under the power supply there is a cut away to allow the fan to draw air from under the chassis. Moving closer to the front, there is a spot for an additional 120mm fan to be installed, if you choose to do so.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GTX 1080 Ti hits 3GHz on LN2, all on reference PCB
- Mass Effect: Andromeda has a $100 microtransaction
- Sony still planning more 'Ghostbusters' films
- Fallout 4 might be the killer game VR desparately needs
- Nintendo Switch affected by Middle East flight ban
- H170-PLUS D3 and i7 7700K, both new computer says nothing.
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Can't find thumbscrews in PC-O9
- Lost Audio on Asus GL753 VE-DS74 Laptop
- BIOSTAR GK3 good mech kb for starters?
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse
- ASUS announces USB-AC53 Nano Wi-Fi adapter