The Galaxis ARES Mid Tower Case
With all of the packaging removed the ARES stands tall with bold lines, colorful accent, and a door with both a window and a 180mm blue LED fan.
A bold chrome logo is placed on one of the three removable drive covers. This touch of chrome sort of goes along with the silver chevron halves on either side of the bezel, just above where the ventilation starts. Mixed in with the slits in the plastic, Galaxis places an "X" in a blue box, blocking off quite a bit of where the ARES takes its fresh breath of air.
The front I/O comes made of two halves essentially. The top two USB 2.0 ports are part of a tray for USB drives, keys, whatever, with the power and reset buttons near the leading edge. The lower half of the I/O consists of two USB 2.0 ports, the HD audio connections, and the e-SATA port.
Looking from the side, you can see the tray and a fan at the rear of the chassis stand proud of the roof. The side panel is made of steel and offers a large window flanked to the left by a 180mm blue LED fan. The window is made of one piece of acrylic with an overlay to break up the window and frame out the fan and mesh covering.
The back is build like any other bottom mount PSU chassis'. The rear I/O area is flanked by a 120mm blue LED exhaust fan with a very open grill pattern to allow better air flow. Between them and the seven ventilated expansion slots with the venting along its side, you will find two holes with grommets to allow for tubing or wiring going through the back of the case.
Most rear panels are pretty plain aside from finding a finger hold molder into the rear of the door. Here we have a visually appealing, simple design to break up the large black expanse of steel.
Under the ARES you can see the chassis is supported with medium sized rubber feet close to the corners. Under the power supply there is a cut away to allow the fan to draw air from under the chassis. Moving closer to the front, there is a spot for an additional 120mm fan to be installed, if you choose to do so.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Germany to Facebook: Stop collecting Whatsapp user data
- OBS Studio adds support for AMD Video Coding Engine
- Halo 5, Forza Horizon 3 first games with Microsoft DRM
- How to get 1TB of lifetime cloud storage for only $39
- NASA finds strong evidence of water plumes on Europa
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now