Looking at the board, the first thing you have to notice is the good looking design with that black PCB and trademarked Sapphire blue color. What you end up with is a good looking board off the bat and we hope that it translates into some good performance later down the track.
The board is called the "Pure Black X58" and you can see that mentioned on the heatsink that sits towards the bottom of the board. Around here you can see some of the features, but we'll cover them in a little more detail in just a moment.
Alongside that aging looking IDE port, we've got six SATA ports here. The two red ones indicate 6GB/s ports that run off the Marvel 88SE9128 chipset. The four black ones are just standard SATA 3GB/s ports.
Across the bottom of the board we've got another SATA port, fan header and some USB headers. Across to the left we've also got a DEBUG display that will let us know any errors and a small speaker. Moving across a little further, we've got little red button which lets you reset the CMOS, while next to that we've got two more buttons clearly labeled which let you reset and power on the PC.
The easy access to power, reset and reset CMOS is an extremely handy feature for users who are hoping to do some real benchmarking. Long gone are the days of shorting the power header with a screwdriver.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Disney-themed prosthetic hands are now a thing
- DARPA developing vehicle disappearing technology
- 'Toy Story 4' delayed by a whole year
- Samsung didn't infringe on NVIDIA patents, judge says
- Microsoft goes on tour with HoloLens AR demos
- Kingwin Power Dock PD-2537U3 Dual-Bay Clone Storage Station Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R Rev1 SSD Boot Order Issue.
- Help Updating GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2.0 Bios
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent