Looking at the board, the first thing you have to notice is the good looking design with that black PCB and trademarked Sapphire blue color. What you end up with is a good looking board off the bat and we hope that it translates into some good performance later down the track.
The board is called the "Pure Black X58" and you can see that mentioned on the heatsink that sits towards the bottom of the board. Around here you can see some of the features, but we'll cover them in a little more detail in just a moment.
Alongside that aging looking IDE port, we've got six SATA ports here. The two red ones indicate 6GB/s ports that run off the Marvel 88SE9128 chipset. The four black ones are just standard SATA 3GB/s ports.
Across the bottom of the board we've got another SATA port, fan header and some USB headers. Across to the left we've also got a DEBUG display that will let us know any errors and a small speaker. Moving across a little further, we've got little red button which lets you reset the CMOS, while next to that we've got two more buttons clearly labeled which let you reset and power on the PC.
The easy access to power, reset and reset CMOS is an extremely handy feature for users who are hoping to do some real benchmarking. Long gone are the days of shorting the power header with a screwdriver.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Be Quiet! launches its Silent Base 600 chassis with insulation
- Cyberpunk 2077 is 'far bigger than anything' CD Projekt Red has made
- View-Master goes next-gen with a new VR-powered View-Master
- Some iPhone 6S handsets are running so hot they are shutting down
- Roku 4 announced, has 4K support, remote finder and much more
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio