Two years ago at CES we told you about ioSafe and their then new disaster proof external USB 2.0 hard drive that would withstand temperatures up to 1550 Degrees F for up to one half hour. The original Solo was also the first hard drive enclosure that would sustain being fully submerged in water for up to 72 hours. Then, exactly one year ago we tested the ioSafe in our own lab too see what kind of performance we could get out of such a robust system.
ioSafe's technology and disaster proof techniques have now been on the market. Not only has the product been tested in simulated fires and pool experiments, but they have endured real world accidents as well. Earlier today I spoke with Brett Callow, Public Relations Director at ioSafe and heard about Mike Smith's testimony. On February 19th Mike's house burnt down with his ioSafe Solo under his computer desk. When the fire department finally let Mike sift through the debris Mike found his ioSafe. The exterior was charred, but his family photos and tax records were safely tucked in and protected from harm.
Most users will never experience a house fire or flood. Let me tell you my story. In 24 hours from now the entire contents of my home will be moved to a new, much larger home. The main reason has to do with space and more specifically the amount of space in my office. The new place has a semi-finished basement which will quickly morph into 900 sq. ft. of computer room bliss. My number one concern is the basement flooding and the ioSafe will give my wife and me peace of mind knowing that her pictures will be safe. I've already gone through a family picture disaster and still hear about it several times a year. If it happens again you might as well bury me somewhere in that basement.
Let's take a look at the specifications and see what has changed since we looked at the first generation Solo.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The ioSafe SoloPRO]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD launches dual-GPU Radeon Pro Duo with 32GB of GDDR5
- Dawn of War III PC Steam deals are up to 25% off
- Colorful announces iGame GTX 1080 Ti Vulcan X OC
- What Zelda: Breath of the Wild would look like on NES
- Blizzard paves the way for Diablo II Remastered
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club