It has only been a month since the last Sony notebook came through my hands. Today I am looking at another VAIO that has decent specifications and a price that puts it on par with many other offerings on the market. The machine has a very bright green color that will appeal to some and have others looking for a less colorful option.
This notebook is aimed at the user who needs a machine with portability that doesn't have to be the most powerful machine out there. The Sony VAIO VPCY216FX/G is an ultraportable machine that has some nice features for the office or school and can play when work time is over.
I am impressed to see that a machine this cheap uses a magnesium casing. Not too long ago that tech was only used in high-end machines, but today those high-end offerings have moved to carbon fiber. Green lid and lightweight aside, what shoppers really want to know is how well the Sony VAIO VPCY216FX/G performs, so let's get to it.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
You can purchase the Sony VAIO VPCY216FX/G from a number of online stores. The MSRP is $819 and you can buy the notebook on Newegg for $799.99.
The specifications of my test sample are below:
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1[Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Sony VAIO VPCY216FX/G]
- Page 3 [Performance - A/V Encoding, Battery Life, Boot Time, and Power Consumption]
- Page 4 [Performance - PCMark Vantage, CINEBENCH, Super Pi, and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Hands on Use and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Last of Us 2 announced
- Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite announced, coming in 2017
- New Uncharted: The Lost Legacy announced
- Google's Daydream now available in two additional colors
- Death Stranding's engine optimized for 4K on PS4 Pro
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset