It has only been a month since the last Sony notebook came through my hands. Today I am looking at another VAIO that has decent specifications and a price that puts it on par with many other offerings on the market. The machine has a very bright green color that will appeal to some and have others looking for a less colorful option.
This notebook is aimed at the user who needs a machine with portability that doesn't have to be the most powerful machine out there. The Sony VAIO VPCY216FX/G is an ultraportable machine that has some nice features for the office or school and can play when work time is over.
I am impressed to see that a machine this cheap uses a magnesium casing. Not too long ago that tech was only used in high-end machines, but today those high-end offerings have moved to carbon fiber. Green lid and lightweight aside, what shoppers really want to know is how well the Sony VAIO VPCY216FX/G performs, so let's get to it.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
You can purchase the Sony VAIO VPCY216FX/G from a number of online stores. The MSRP is $819 and you can buy the notebook on Newegg for $799.99.
The specifications of my test sample are below:
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1[Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Sony VAIO VPCY216FX/G]
- Page 3 [Performance - A/V Encoding, Battery Life, Boot Time, and Power Consumption]
- Page 4 [Performance - PCMark Vantage, CINEBENCH, Super Pi, and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Hands on Use and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard