It has only been a month since the last Sony notebook came through my hands. Today I am looking at another VAIO that has decent specifications and a price that puts it on par with many other offerings on the market. The machine has a very bright green color that will appeal to some and have others looking for a less colorful option.
This notebook is aimed at the user who needs a machine with portability that doesn't have to be the most powerful machine out there. The Sony VAIO VPCY216FX/G is an ultraportable machine that has some nice features for the office or school and can play when work time is over.
I am impressed to see that a machine this cheap uses a magnesium casing. Not too long ago that tech was only used in high-end machines, but today those high-end offerings have moved to carbon fiber. Green lid and lightweight aside, what shoppers really want to know is how well the Sony VAIO VPCY216FX/G performs, so let's get to it.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
You can purchase the Sony VAIO VPCY216FX/G from a number of online stores. The MSRP is $819 and you can buy the notebook on Newegg for $799.99.
The specifications of my test sample are below:
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1[Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Sony VAIO VPCY216FX/G]
- Page 3 [Performance - A/V Encoding, Battery Life, Boot Time, and Power Consumption]
- Page 4 [Performance - PCMark Vantage, CINEBENCH, Super Pi, and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Hands on Use and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo to 'revive' a 'very officially cancelled' game
- PlayStation VR changes will be 'dramatic' over next 10 years
- Apple rumored to be working on 31.6-inch 6K display
- Metro Exodus dev talks ray tracing on next-gen consoles
- Star Citizen dev says ray tracing is 'a massive headache'
- Best reminder app
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- Explore a World of Ancient Chinese Mythology!
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America's Post EVO Japan Fighting Game News Round-up
- Million Arthur: Arcana Blood Coming To Steam This Summer
- Rising Lords announces alpha launch via new trailer
- Zombie-Veggie Shooter, The Walking Vegetables Radical! Edition Coming Soon to PS4!