When considering the fact that this is the first headset from an all new company, it becomes easier to forgive some minor tuning oversights and focus more on some of the many strengths of the C-1140. Construction and materials used were of a high standard for what will not be an expensive headset at the end of the day. And again, we must mention that we felt the aluminum to be a great choice that will no doubt sell a few sets on its own strength.
As covered in testing already, some tuning issues ultimately stop this from becoming one of those instantly memorable products in our minds. Certain strengths do show through everything, though, and the low end will be a big plus for gamers and movie buffs. The added extras in terms of warranty and travel case are a really nice touch and are seen as useful bonuses.
During extended listening sessions we were quite impressed by how little ear fatigue there was with the material choice for the ear cups being very comfortable, we feel. So, is this one recommended today? The answer is yes, but with a caution that having an EQ on board your system will help quite a lot with regard to leveling things out. However, the style and variance of material will ultimately dictate how much the EQ is needed.
Having taken a good close look at KRATOR's first shot at the headphone market, it's a fairly safe bet that if KRATOR is still making headphones in three years time, the company will have a very strong product out there with a solid performance/value ratio associated with it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New leak confirms Samsung's Galaxy Note 8 design
- SAPPHIRE announces 'Mining Edition' Radeon RX cards
- Huawei Honor 9 is now available in Europe
- Vivo first with fingerprint sensor under mobile display
- AMD Vega-based Radeon Pro WX 9100 spotted with 16GB HBM2
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller