When considering the fact that this is the first headset from an all new company, it becomes easier to forgive some minor tuning oversights and focus more on some of the many strengths of the C-1140. Construction and materials used were of a high standard for what will not be an expensive headset at the end of the day. And again, we must mention that we felt the aluminum to be a great choice that will no doubt sell a few sets on its own strength.
As covered in testing already, some tuning issues ultimately stop this from becoming one of those instantly memorable products in our minds. Certain strengths do show through everything, though, and the low end will be a big plus for gamers and movie buffs. The added extras in terms of warranty and travel case are a really nice touch and are seen as useful bonuses.
During extended listening sessions we were quite impressed by how little ear fatigue there was with the material choice for the ear cups being very comfortable, we feel. So, is this one recommended today? The answer is yes, but with a caution that having an EQ on board your system will help quite a lot with regard to leveling things out. However, the style and variance of material will ultimately dictate how much the EQ is needed.
Having taken a good close look at KRATOR's first shot at the headphone market, it's a fairly safe bet that if KRATOR is still making headphones in three years time, the company will have a very strong product out there with a solid performance/value ratio associated with it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Uber suspends self-driving car tech after Arizona crash
- GIGABYTE's new Z270X-Designare looks absolutely AMAZING
- Set sail with 'Moana' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway!
- MSI makes its GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X official
- StarCraft remastered announced by Blizzard
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse