Looking at the card itself, you see that Arctic Cooling heatsink we've seen before on some of the fastest cards we've tested, including the Sapphire HD 5970 TOXIC that did a fantastic job of impressing us. The biggest con to the cooler is that it's a triple slot one, and it's something that no doubt has to be noted. Turning the card over, you can see that we've also got a massive plate on the back of the card which looks good.
Around the rest of the card, there's the normal familiar connectors that you're used to seeing. Power is supplied with a single 8-Pin and 6-Pin connector. We've got our two SLI connectors and connectivity is offered via two Dual-Link DVI ports and a mini HDMI port.
Carrying the Super OC tag means that the card is of course overclocked and if previous cards are anything to go by, Galaxy should've done something decent here. First, let's just start with the stock GTX 480 which carries with it a 701MHz core, 1401MHz Shader clock and 3696MHz QDR on the 1536MB of GDDR5.
Galaxy has increased the core to 760MHz. This has in turn bumped the Shader clock to a nice 1520MHz. It's also great to see they've taken the time to increase the memory speed. They've rounded that off to 3800MHz QDR. Galaxy is quoting a performance increase of 10% and the clocks would suggest we'll see something around that area.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Final Fantasy XIV]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - PhysX Tests]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 21 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI's first Intel 200-series chipset motherboard is feature heavy
- Access over 1,200 business and IT courses with Career Academy
- GALAX shows off Hall of Fame 4000MHz DDR4 RAM
- GALAX unveils new prismatic Gamer Series DDR4 RAM lineup
- New ASUS ROG Swift monitor can hit 180Hz with NVIDIA G-Sync
- Patriot Tab 128GB Micro USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Z170 Extreme7+ Correct USB drivers Win10 x64
- Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 & 950 NVMe M.2 SSD question
- Problem entering bios on new build
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - Titan X Performance For Under $400
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream