Looking at the card itself, you see that Arctic Cooling heatsink we've seen before on some of the fastest cards we've tested, including the Sapphire HD 5970 TOXIC that did a fantastic job of impressing us. The biggest con to the cooler is that it's a triple slot one, and it's something that no doubt has to be noted. Turning the card over, you can see that we've also got a massive plate on the back of the card which looks good.
Around the rest of the card, there's the normal familiar connectors that you're used to seeing. Power is supplied with a single 8-Pin and 6-Pin connector. We've got our two SLI connectors and connectivity is offered via two Dual-Link DVI ports and a mini HDMI port.
Carrying the Super OC tag means that the card is of course overclocked and if previous cards are anything to go by, Galaxy should've done something decent here. First, let's just start with the stock GTX 480 which carries with it a 701MHz core, 1401MHz Shader clock and 3696MHz QDR on the 1536MB of GDDR5.
Galaxy has increased the core to 760MHz. This has in turn bumped the Shader clock to a nice 1520MHz. It's also great to see they've taken the time to increase the memory speed. They've rounded that off to 3800MHz QDR. Galaxy is quoting a performance increase of 10% and the clocks would suggest we'll see something around that area.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Final Fantasy XIV]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - PhysX Tests]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 21 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Score this award-winning Bluetooth speaker for 50% off
- Blizzard talk rewards in World of Warcraft patch: 7.1
- The sales of smartwatches have dropped by more than 50%
- Scientists think they've received signals from aliens
- Intel's new Atom processor is a step closer to Skynet
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards