I want to preface this conclusion with this. When I first received the TEW-673GRU I had heard there were issues with it running with both bands enabled. I had heard it had limited range and that the speed on it was not good. When I ran into the connection speed issues on the 5GHz band I thought I had found these claims to be true. However, with a bit of tinkering I was able to find a channel that worked well for me.
What I think the issue is here is that most consumers do not know how to, or even that they can adjust the channels on the wireless routers. They get something, it does not work and they complain. I have to say that with a little (ten minutes) effort, I now have one of the better routers I have worked with. I am able to see traffic at a glance on the LCD. I can easily stream even HD video over my network without compromising other traffic and I get all GBe ports to connect to the rest of my GBe network; all this at only $164.99 from NewEgg.com.
There are things I would have liked to see different; like a tilting screen and a more complete wizard, but overall I cannot complain about its performance. It has and still is doing everything I have asked of it without missing a beat. It is true that it does not have the range we have seen from a few routers with a G+N only setting, but this is across the board for WiFi Radios that lump B, G and N together and not a TRENDnet issue.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel