I want to preface this conclusion with this. When I first received the TEW-673GRU I had heard there were issues with it running with both bands enabled. I had heard it had limited range and that the speed on it was not good. When I ran into the connection speed issues on the 5GHz band I thought I had found these claims to be true. However, with a bit of tinkering I was able to find a channel that worked well for me.
What I think the issue is here is that most consumers do not know how to, or even that they can adjust the channels on the wireless routers. They get something, it does not work and they complain. I have to say that with a little (ten minutes) effort, I now have one of the better routers I have worked with. I am able to see traffic at a glance on the LCD. I can easily stream even HD video over my network without compromising other traffic and I get all GBe ports to connect to the rest of my GBe network; all this at only $164.99 from NewEgg.com.
There are things I would have liked to see different; like a tilting screen and a more complete wizard, but overall I cannot complain about its performance. It has and still is doing everything I have asked of it without missing a beat. It is true that it does not have the range we have seen from a few routers with a G+N only setting, but this is across the board for WiFi Radios that lump B, G and N together and not a TRENDnet issue.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Xbox Wireless adapter lets you use Xbox One controller on Windows 10
- Facebook testing new video features
- Six new images show off Surface Pro 4 from every angle
- Save 97% On the Ultimate Data & Analytics Bundle
- Transition between zones 'is seamless' in The Division
- Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta GPU Performance Overview
- ASUS ZenBook Pro - ram
- Open Hour Gecko TV Box Review
- z87 killer no display after new installation ((URGENT))
- Z170 Raid Setup Post Win7x64 Install to M.2
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the NEW CRONOS AD Premium Gaming Headset
- Kingston Announces the HyperX Cloud Mav Edition Headset
- Super Talent Releases New 128GB USB 2.0 Pico C Drives
- EK Releases Full-coverage Water Block for Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD
- ASUSTOR Launches 31 Series, Economical and Powerful 4K Multimedia NAS