I want to preface this conclusion with this. When I first received the TEW-673GRU I had heard there were issues with it running with both bands enabled. I had heard it had limited range and that the speed on it was not good. When I ran into the connection speed issues on the 5GHz band I thought I had found these claims to be true. However, with a bit of tinkering I was able to find a channel that worked well for me.
What I think the issue is here is that most consumers do not know how to, or even that they can adjust the channels on the wireless routers. They get something, it does not work and they complain. I have to say that with a little (ten minutes) effort, I now have one of the better routers I have worked with. I am able to see traffic at a glance on the LCD. I can easily stream even HD video over my network without compromising other traffic and I get all GBe ports to connect to the rest of my GBe network; all this at only $164.99 from NewEgg.com.
There are things I would have liked to see different; like a tilting screen and a more complete wizard, but overall I cannot complain about its performance. It has and still is doing everything I have asked of it without missing a beat. It is true that it does not have the range we have seen from a few routers with a G+N only setting, but this is across the board for WiFi Radios that lump B, G and N together and not a TRENDnet issue.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei P10: Curved display and front fingerprint sensor?
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni