In August of 2008 a new take on a chassis was brought to the world via Microcool; with the main objective of their inception being that they specialize in "designing and developing component heat control products for computers". Over the years Microcool has released thermal solutions from coolers for chipsets, CPU's and even offers Thermattach (thermally conductive tape).That in mind, it only makes sense that if Microcool would develop a chassis, they would design the coolest version of all chassis designs, the tech-bench.
For those of you who aren't aware of such a chassis, they are an open air solution that offers ease of access to your components like no other solution. And on top of that, you get some of the best temperatures attainable due to the lack of anything to hold heat near the components. I have seen many concepts of tech-benches; some homemade, some like the Antec Skeleton version, but most are a setup of shelves spaced above each other with the motherboard laying on the top-most layer and all the components getting neatly tucked underneath. Basically, the designing and material choices are only limited by what people can afford, as they can truly be made from just about anything.
Microcool offered me the opportunity to have a look at their Banchetto 101 and I gladly accepted. I have seen this chassis, both in reviews and I personally know an owner and have seen his many images. Having a bit of a head start on the basic idea, I was excited to get one for myself and have a real close up look at how it all goes together and if it's going to look horrible with the parts I have to use. Taking action to a comment directed at my last "water cooled" chassis review, I hope not to disappoint this time around, as I will be mocking this up for water. Looks like I better get to work; let's have a look, shall we?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Microcool Banchetto 101 Chassis]
- Page 5 [Disassembly of the Microcool Banchetto 101 Chassis]
- Page 6 [Included Hardware]
- Page 7 [Assembly of The Microcool Banchetto 101 Chassis]
- Page 8 [Fit and Finish]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NASA announces conference on discovery beyond our System
- Samsung teases Exynos 9; it could power the Galaxy S8
- Spectacles are finally available for online purchase
- Moto G5 and G5 Plus specs leak ahead of the launch
- HTC's new One X10 teased, a new budget 5.5-inch phone
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league