I'm really torn with the FenrisWolf chassis from Scythe. The material choice is nice, the silence is also nice and the chassis, in my opinion, is a real looker. All black brushed aluminum, with bright "silvery" accents is a clean and sophisticated style. But in the end, nothing about the chassis screams "mod" and that is a bit disappointing to me.
The interior is pretty much tool-less to assemble, with maybe the assistance of a screwdriver for the motherboard and drive installations. Nothing really new here, many companies are doing this. An all aluminum chassis build is also nice, but still not special. The fans included may be silent, but only offer a combined 81 CFM of airflow.
Speaking of which, temperatures inside my build did show a slight increase in even my idle temps. Since I do all my builds in my basement, ambient is relatively the same day to day, and I did see a three degree rise in idle temps and five degrees warmer at stock settings once loaded. I've said it before, there is give and take for silence, and in this case it takes for the temperature to give you the silence.
The real issue I have is that the "b" is more of a "Fatal1ty branding" than a design I would be proud to sign my name to. For the asking price of around $110 USD if you shop smart, it isn't a bad case to start with, but I feel you will end up swapping parts and doing some mods of your own to finish the build off right. In the most basic idea of it all, for just over a Benjamin, you can have a Benjamin, Franz that is! The FenrisWolf was a nice experience, but nothing I would write home about as far as case mods go.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform