The Vantec NexStar Universal Storage Adapter
The main unit is a rectangle shape and has a long cable that plugs into your PC and achieves USB 2.0 speeds. There are two plugs; one carries the data signal and the other provides additional power.
The first side of the unit has the IDE, MS and Compact Flash ports. The IDE connector is positioned so that the power plug on the drive is away from the adapter.
The SATA port is on the side of the adapter. Vantec included a small SATA cable which makes install very straightforward.
XD and SD card ports are found on this side, as is the FDD IDE port for when you need to use a floppy drive.
Here we see the USB data and USB power with pass thru.
The accessory package is pretty extensive. Here we see the short SATA cable as well as the manual. One of the neatest items to come in the package is the power brick that is used to power the IDE and SATA drives.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Vantec NexStar Universal Storage Adapter]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update released date confirmed
- NVIDIA Shield update adds support for Netflix HDR, Plex, Dolby Atmos
- eBay's new flash sale is perfect for extra Steam Summer Sale savings
- Samsung and NBC partner up to deliver 85 hours of Rio Olympics in VR
- Quake Champions is PC only for 'no limitations' 120Hz arena chaos
- How will windows 10 affect my D, E and F drives?
- Updated BIOS on E3C226D2I now can't boot from USB
- GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Synology DS916 Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- AMD Radeon RX 480 Video Card Review - Starting a Rebellion From $199
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card
- MSI readies B150M Mortar Arctic & B150M Bazooka Plus motherboards