Specifications, Availability and Pricing
I am not even going to attempt to go over the entire list of media the Vantec NexStar Universal Storage Adapter can interact with, but we will take a look at some of the formats that are not available on many of the competitors' products.
The first three that really stick out in my mind are SATA, 3.5 IDE and 2.5 IDE. Many enthusiast class motherboards don't even have IDE connectors anymore, but I would bet most enthusiasts still have a few IDE hard drives sitting around. Having a nice portable device that will work with your SATA drives is also a nice touch. All of the typical Compact Flash, Sony Media and SD formats are covered as well, so all of the typical bases are covered.
The only real downside that I can find just from looking at the specifications is that everything runs off of USB 2.0. Now that we have a USB 3.0 device in the lab, we dream of the day when all external devices use this new extremely fast interface. We are optimists and not realists, but in the coming years we will have our wishes granted.
When it comes to the cost, you most likely spent more money last night on dinner for the family than what the NexStar Universal Storage Adapter cost. We were able to find the 66-in-1 at Newegg for a low 27.49 USD. The deal is so good that I sound like one of those infomercial guys on TV.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Vantec NexStar Universal Storage Adapter]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei P10: Curved display and front fingerprint sensor?
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni