G.Skill managed to be the first out of the gate with Indilinx's latest controller and it should be another success in their growing solid state line-up. The new ECO controller should allow G.Skill to manufacture the Falcon II for less and pass the cost saving on to the consumer. Already we are seeing a 30 CAD cost reduction when compared to the Falcon with 64GB of NAND Flash. When we compared the 128GB Falcon to the 128GB Falcon II we found a 50 CAD price difference, so it looks like the G.Skill was able to make significant strides on a series of drives that were already some of the lowest priced to begin with.
When it comes to performance it appears there are some tradeoffs that come with the 1819 firmware, but in the long run Windows 7 users should find TRIM more appealing than an initial performance boost that will degrade over time. TRIM will allow your Falcon II to reclaim lost performance and stay within 90% of what you observed when the drive was new.
I believe availability is still going to be an issue with the G.Skill Falcon II and even more so than the Falcon. I am basing this on the cost of the Falcon II and how many people will be willing to make the SSD plunge now that we are seeing a 50 CAD cost savings at the 128GB level. I can only hope that you will be able to purchase a G.Skill Falcon II not just next week, but a month, two months and longer from a reputable e-tailer and not just find OUT OF STOCK notices on the sellers pages.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Oceanhorn hit record sales, teases Switch development
- New Plants Vs Zombies: Heroes launches on iOS & Android
- 30% discount with Nintendo's Europe Birthday Promotion
- Watch Metallica's themed gameplay trailer that failed
- Dead Rising 4 has 18 holes of mini golf to play through
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system