Portable storage products have come a long way. When the first USB portable drives were launched it was larger than the first Motorola cell phone. Just like cell phones, portable drives have shrank in size, but the features have grown to levels that we would have never thought of just a few years ago.
Just like your company Blackberry, the data you keep on your portable storage can do great harm in the hands of unauthorized persons. For the most part portable storage is unsecure risky business if you keep anything personal or company related. Other than music, what other data would you want to have accessible other than important data?
Vantec recently released their answer for secure portable storage, the NexStar Vault. This portable secure 2.5 inch drive enclosure makes accessing your data easy with its simple to use built in keyboard that allows the drive to unlock your secure data. The drive is divided into two partitions, the open Public side and the secure Vault. The entire system is fairly sneaky; if you didn't realize what the system was the drive would be plugged in and the public option would be shown with no mention of the private data.
Let's take a look at the full specifications of the Vantec NexStar Vault.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Vantec NexStar Vault]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox and Windows are merging under Microsoft's Project Helix strategy
- CRYENGINE goes open source, now available for download
- Blizzard announces ranked play is coming to Overwatch next month
- Want another Mirror's Edge game? That's up to you, says EA
- AIDA64 developers spill the beans on NVIDIA's full Pascal line up
- Asrock MB front HD audio doesn't work (rear works)
- GA-H97-Gaming 3 trying to Raid Two 950pro's via PCIE Apadpter
- GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 USB 3.1 and Thunderbolt not recognized
- LaCie 8big Thunderbolt 2 1U Rack Review
- PC won't boot - it trys, all fans run for approx 5 secs then shut down and start again!
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles
- Cryorig teases two new cases bound for Computex 2016
- Toshiba launches the OCZ RD400 NVMe SSD series
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition