Xigmatek has been gracious enough to allow me to test quite a few of their coolers. All of the usual suspects cross my mind; the 1283's, 1284's and even the Thor's Hammer. In between there have been many variations of each, except for the Hammer, mostly consisting in the beginning with a different fan. More recently, Xigmatek had gone the way of various Nickel plated coatings to enhance and refresh the coolers line. This time I am happy to say it isn't either of those reasons that has me excited about this cooler.
This time around, it is a bit more in depth than the more obvious increase of the CFM of the fan, or adding coatings for both performance and oxidation factors, as well as making cleaning a bit easier in my opinion, of which this new CPU cooler does have both. It has also got a more appealing figure. Xigmatek has provided a uniquely shaped 1283 cooler that is appealing to me, as it is a change from the same old thing.
As with most of the current line of Xigmatek CPU coolers, they are taking on the names of Norse gods and main players in their mythology. This time around is no exception, it takes on the name of Balder. This mythological man was most known for his death and rebirth, very fitting in my opinion of the cooler in my hands. I think it is about time to get some images and get the testing underway. Then we can see how well the rebirth of the 1283 goes for Xigmatek.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Xigmatek Balder SD1283 H.D.T. CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The World of 'Warcraft' comes to Blu-ray, 4K in September
- Windows 10 will cost $119 after free upgrade expires
- Hacker uncovers Vine source code, Twitter pays him $10,080
- Nexus, Android One phones updated with spam caller protection
- Run Windows natively on Mac and Linux without the hassle
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio