Xigmatek has been gracious enough to allow me to test quite a few of their coolers. All of the usual suspects cross my mind; the 1283's, 1284's and even the Thor's Hammer. In between there have been many variations of each, except for the Hammer, mostly consisting in the beginning with a different fan. More recently, Xigmatek had gone the way of various Nickel plated coatings to enhance and refresh the coolers line. This time I am happy to say it isn't either of those reasons that has me excited about this cooler.
This time around, it is a bit more in depth than the more obvious increase of the CFM of the fan, or adding coatings for both performance and oxidation factors, as well as making cleaning a bit easier in my opinion, of which this new CPU cooler does have both. It has also got a more appealing figure. Xigmatek has provided a uniquely shaped 1283 cooler that is appealing to me, as it is a change from the same old thing.
As with most of the current line of Xigmatek CPU coolers, they are taking on the names of Norse gods and main players in their mythology. This time around is no exception, it takes on the name of Balder. This mythological man was most known for his death and rebirth, very fitting in my opinion of the cooler in my hands. I think it is about time to get some images and get the testing underway. Then we can see how well the rebirth of the 1283 goes for Xigmatek.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Xigmatek Balder SD1283 H.D.T. CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Project CARS 2 latest screenshots look amazing
- BlackBerry announces KEYone, with Pixel's camera sensor
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications