Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The ioSafe Solo is a single drive USB storage product, so we are not going to expect blazing fast benchmark transfer performance. At around the same size of a shoe box the Solo is quite large for a single drive solution, but that is where the innovative part comes into play.
The Solo is able to withstand temperatures of up to 1550 F for up to 30 minutes. To add to the fire so to speak, the Solo is able to withstand being submerged in ten feet of water for up to 72 hours. Talk about status, this thing is built like a tank.
It is easy to claim your product can do amazing things and we see crazy claims all of the time. It is just as easy to separate the men from the boys and when a company puts their own money on the line you know they are for real. The Solo is available in several configurations, some of them hardware, some of them protection schemes. When it comes to protection you get to choose the amount of time in which ioSafe will pay for any additional fees involved in data retrieval. The most comprehensive protection involves a 5 year hardware warranty and a 5 year Disaster Recovery Service and it will set you back 269 USD for a 500GB capacity system. The chart below has all of the available options for the Solo Series.
I was a bit surprised to see the Solo available from Newegg, but only because I have never seen it before. You can choose to purchase the Solo system from Newegg or from ioSafe directly. For this level of protection I have to admit the prices look pretty good. Let's take a look at the package and then dissect the ioSafe Solo.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Set sail with 'Moana' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway!
- MSI makes its GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X official
- StarCraft remastered announced by Blizzard
- The first sign of Kaby Lake X: the Intel Core i7-7740K
- AMD Ryzen with 12C/24T appears, excites us all so much
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse