One of the interesting features on this handset are the seclusion of any kind of physical keyboard input which has been long debated as a necessity of Smartphone handsets. Where writing emails and web browsing have been a daily task made easier on handsets with the inclusion of a slide out mini-qwerty, the Hero goes for the on-screen route, making good use of that multi-touch screen to allow data input either in a portrait view setting or with a quick rotation in landscape.
With an advanced prediction algorithm in place, the phone guesses what you meant to type on the keyboard approximately 98% of the time so long as you use dictionary English (though a few modern additions are in there, too), and pop-up balloon will allow you to select alternatives.
The keyboard is not perfect however, and there are some issues that need addressing for the next firmware update (due out any week now at time of writing) such as no landscape orientation under the search app from the dashboard. As well as a predictive text only coming on for regular text boxes, making entering information more of a hassle than it needs to be at times.
The handset itself is slim and has the characteristic angular chin of its earlier cousin that makes it feel a tad odd in the pocket but super comfortable to hold and talk on. The style is pretty minimalist with only six function buttons on the front with the trackball.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Get Ahead of the iOS 9 Curve: Create Your Own iPhone Apps
- NVIDIA secures 81% of the GPU market according to JPR
- eSports betting startup Unikrn gets backed by Ashton Kutcher
- Naughty Dog announces March 18, 2016 release for Uncharted 4 on PS4
- Google is trying to make 4K video less demanding on your connection
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Gigabyte G1 z170 Gaming 7 motherboard.
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20