One of the interesting features on this handset are the seclusion of any kind of physical keyboard input which has been long debated as a necessity of Smartphone handsets. Where writing emails and web browsing have been a daily task made easier on handsets with the inclusion of a slide out mini-qwerty, the Hero goes for the on-screen route, making good use of that multi-touch screen to allow data input either in a portrait view setting or with a quick rotation in landscape.
With an advanced prediction algorithm in place, the phone guesses what you meant to type on the keyboard approximately 98% of the time so long as you use dictionary English (though a few modern additions are in there, too), and pop-up balloon will allow you to select alternatives.
The keyboard is not perfect however, and there are some issues that need addressing for the next firmware update (due out any week now at time of writing) such as no landscape orientation under the search app from the dashboard. As well as a predictive text only coming on for regular text boxes, making entering information more of a hassle than it needs to be at times.
The handset itself is slim and has the characteristic angular chin of its earlier cousin that makes it feel a tad odd in the pocket but super comfortable to hold and talk on. The style is pretty minimalist with only six function buttons on the front with the trackball.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Tetris' movie becomes a trilogy, we don't know why
- Twitter hires ex-Apple UI designer to lead its VR and AR division
- 4K UltraHD Blu-ray disc sales off to a roaring start
- Microsoft has made over 1 million Xbox One Elite Controllers
- WB delays Batman: Return to Arkham, devs need more time to polish
- USB speed differences between various motherboards and BIOSses
- Need help with pre-built/used GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 System
- AsRock Z87 extreme 6
- GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Deleted driver software
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card
- MSI readies B150M Mortar Arctic & B150M Bazooka Plus motherboards
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities