One of the interesting features on this handset are the seclusion of any kind of physical keyboard input which has been long debated as a necessity of Smartphone handsets. Where writing emails and web browsing have been a daily task made easier on handsets with the inclusion of a slide out mini-qwerty, the Hero goes for the on-screen route, making good use of that multi-touch screen to allow data input either in a portrait view setting or with a quick rotation in landscape.
With an advanced prediction algorithm in place, the phone guesses what you meant to type on the keyboard approximately 98% of the time so long as you use dictionary English (though a few modern additions are in there, too), and pop-up balloon will allow you to select alternatives.
The keyboard is not perfect however, and there are some issues that need addressing for the next firmware update (due out any week now at time of writing) such as no landscape orientation under the search app from the dashboard. As well as a predictive text only coming on for regular text boxes, making entering information more of a hassle than it needs to be at times.
The handset itself is slim and has the characteristic angular chin of its earlier cousin that makes it feel a tad odd in the pocket but super comfortable to hold and talk on. The style is pretty minimalist with only six function buttons on the front with the trackball.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- CRYENGINE goes open source, now available for download
- Blizzard announces ranked play is coming to Overwatch next month
- Want another Mirror's Edge game? That's up to you, says EA
- AIDA64 developers spill the beans on NVIDIA's full Pascal line up
- Foxconn has replaced more than half its workers with robots
- GA-H97-Gaming 3 trying to Raid Two 950pro's via PCIE Apadpter
- GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 USB 3.1 and Thunderbolt not recognized
- LaCie 8big Thunderbolt 2 1U Rack Review
- PC won't boot - it trys, all fans run for approx 5 secs then shut down and start again!
- Corsair LAPDOG Gaming Control Center Review
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles
- Cryorig teases two new cases bound for Computex 2016
- Toshiba launches the OCZ RD400 NVMe SSD series
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition