While a lot of the limelight has been pushed on Intel and Core i7 based boards, AMD still has managed to make a good dent in the market with Phenom II processors. These have to be the most versatile processor with 64-bit instructions, native 3 and 4 core designs as well as support for DDR2 or DDR3 memory through the on-die memory controller, something Intel has no intention of doing. Phenom II is definitely the big processor to have for a small budget.
While the processors keep coming, chipsets to support it are still making their way from AMD's fabs. And since AMD has taken over ATI's graphics and chipset departments, their 7 series chipsets have been anything but disappointing, especially with regard to the integrated graphics.
To that end, we have the latest instalment from AMD's chipset division. Fresh from NDA today we have the 785G chipset. Based around the 790GX chipset, this puppy is aimed at the budget users. However, it does get one major upgrade, DX10.1 IGP, something the 790GX doesn't.
Unfortunately, due to the early release there is no Newegg price on this board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- San Jose's Cogswell College announces VR/AR certificate program
- Nintendo NX will launch with a 'full software lineup'
- Apple stock is tanking, with large investor pulling his money out
- PC gaming continues to make more money than consoles
- NVIDIA to unveil next-gen GeForce on the same day as Battlefield 5
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched