While a lot of the limelight has been pushed on Intel and Core i7 based boards, AMD still has managed to make a good dent in the market with Phenom II processors. These have to be the most versatile processor with 64-bit instructions, native 3 and 4 core designs as well as support for DDR2 or DDR3 memory through the on-die memory controller, something Intel has no intention of doing. Phenom II is definitely the big processor to have for a small budget.
While the processors keep coming, chipsets to support it are still making their way from AMD's fabs. And since AMD has taken over ATI's graphics and chipset departments, their 7 series chipsets have been anything but disappointing, especially with regard to the integrated graphics.
To that end, we have the latest instalment from AMD's chipset division. Fresh from NDA today we have the 785G chipset. Based around the 790GX chipset, this puppy is aimed at the budget users. However, it does get one major upgrade, DX10.1 IGP, something the 790GX doesn't.
Unfortunately, due to the early release there is no Newegg price on this board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dota 2 the first to host a tournament on a cruise ship
- NVIDIA chip in the 'next revolutionary Apple product'
- Our closest look at the Google Pixel smartphone yet
- Google preparing 'Pixel 3' laptop with new Andromeda OS
- iPhone 7 owners drill hole to find hidden headphone jack
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now