While a lot of the limelight has been pushed on Intel and Core i7 based boards, AMD still has managed to make a good dent in the market with Phenom II processors. These have to be the most versatile processor with 64-bit instructions, native 3 and 4 core designs as well as support for DDR2 or DDR3 memory through the on-die memory controller, something Intel has no intention of doing. Phenom II is definitely the big processor to have for a small budget.
While the processors keep coming, chipsets to support it are still making their way from AMD's fabs. And since AMD has taken over ATI's graphics and chipset departments, their 7 series chipsets have been anything but disappointing, especially with regard to the integrated graphics.
To that end, we have the latest instalment from AMD's chipset division. Fresh from NDA today we have the 785G chipset. Based around the 790GX chipset, this puppy is aimed at the budget users. However, it does get one major upgrade, DX10.1 IGP, something the 790GX doesn't.
Unfortunately, due to the early release there is no Newegg price on this board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' trailer keeps improving
- Intel next-gen Xeon: 59% faster, up to 6TB Optane RAM
- Facebook Live goes social with Live videos with friends
- OnePlus 5 will feature Snapdragon 835, confirms CEO
- Divinity Original Sin 2 launches this September
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017