Secure View Software
Secure View is the bundled control software that ships with the TV-IP422W. This software gives you most of the functions of the Web Configuration software but adds the ability to monitor more than one camera.
To get started you need to add your camera(s); just click on the Settings button and you are in setup mode to exit click the setup button again.
Adding a camera is pretty simple, just click "add camera" and click search. The application should find all of the cameras in your setup; if not you can also type in the IP Address of the camera to add. After you have identified the camera you will need to tell Secure View what user name and password to use. The login information you use should be the Admin Login for the best functionality.
As you can see, you have options for scheduled recording and motion detection based recording. These are similar to the functions in the Web Configuration but run from the Secure View Application and require their own separation configuration in the Secure View Application. You can also setup the path you want to record video and snapshots to. This is useful, but keep in mind that setting the path to a networked drive id is not as efficient as doing it directly from the camera to the local system.
You will need to enable motion and scheduled recording on the TV-IP422W to use these.
The benefit to you as a user for Secure View lies in having more than one camera to monitor. It is great for controlling multiple IP camera servers from a single interface without having to login to multiple systems; you can do it all from one spot.
Its benefits with a single camera are not great as many of the functions of the TV-IP422W are not available to you when using Secure View.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Camera]
- Page 4 [Setup and Installation]
- Page 5 [Web Configuration]
- Page 6 [Web Configuration - Continued]
- Page 7 [Secure View Software]
- Page 8 [Testing]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung DeX transforms your Galaxy S8 into a desktop PC
- Samsung unveils new Gear 360 camera
- Nintendo focused on gameplay over visuals in Zelda BOTW
- These are the differences between the Galaxy S7 and S8
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+: Everything you need to know
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design