Secure View Software
Secure View is the bundled control software that ships with the TV-IP422W. This software gives you most of the functions of the Web Configuration software but adds the ability to monitor more than one camera.
To get started you need to add your camera(s); just click on the Settings button and you are in setup mode to exit click the setup button again.
Adding a camera is pretty simple, just click "add camera" and click search. The application should find all of the cameras in your setup; if not you can also type in the IP Address of the camera to add. After you have identified the camera you will need to tell Secure View what user name and password to use. The login information you use should be the Admin Login for the best functionality.
As you can see, you have options for scheduled recording and motion detection based recording. These are similar to the functions in the Web Configuration but run from the Secure View Application and require their own separation configuration in the Secure View Application. You can also setup the path you want to record video and snapshots to. This is useful, but keep in mind that setting the path to a networked drive id is not as efficient as doing it directly from the camera to the local system.
You will need to enable motion and scheduled recording on the TV-IP422W to use these.
The benefit to you as a user for Secure View lies in having more than one camera to monitor. It is great for controlling multiple IP camera servers from a single interface without having to login to multiple systems; you can do it all from one spot.
Its benefits with a single camera are not great as many of the functions of the TV-IP422W are not available to you when using Secure View.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Camera]
- Page 4 [Setup and Installation]
- Page 5 [Web Configuration]
- Page 6 [Web Configuration - Continued]
- Page 7 [Secure View Software]
- Page 8 [Testing]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis