The Evercool Buffalo HPFI-10025 CPU Cooler
I personally like the way the red blades of the fan look through the black cage. It is definitely something different to look at. You get a decent look at the 62 fins and just how well the 100mm fan covers all this surface area. As you can see, Evercool went the route of push-pins to secure this Core i7 cooler to your motherboard.
Turning the Buffalo to its profile shows a couple of the features of this cooler. Starting at the bottom, there is an orange residue left from the soldering process that aides in the transfer of heat to the heatpipes. Speaking of the heatpipes, the Buffalo is a two heatpipe cooler that utilizes 6mm diameter pipes to assume the workload of the processor. Lastly, is that Evercool has squeezed in 62, that's right; I said 62 fins onto this compact cooler.
Looking at the Buffalo from this angle gives you another look at just how tightly those fins are stacked onto the cooler. Secondly, the fan leaves very little of the corners of the Buffalo without direct air current. One small thing to note is the small brass screw in the center of the base. I can only assume this is used to hold the copper base to the aluminum top for assembly. Once the fins are stacked on the cooler, it is virtually impossible to be removed.
Laying the Buffalo down to gain a view of the top shows that they have painted two buffalo who are about to lock horns. This is backed with a set of horns painted in black, finished off with the Buffalo name. You also get a better view of the caps that Evercool likes to cover the end of the heatpipes with.
With very little effort the wire fan mounts slide off to the sides to allow for maintenance of the Buffalo. I found it to be secure with the fan in place, yet simple to operate for access when needed.
Here I wanted to get a closer look at the fans operational information and to get a better look at the 1800 RPM, red bladed fan, that powers the Buffalo.
The business end of the Buffalo is by far the best finish I have seen on a cooler. I will say that testing against a razor blade, the base is very flat. While the finish isn't polished to perfection, it is suitable enough to still get decent contact with the IHS once some TIM is spread around.
There are two things that Evercool took into consideration during the development process. One of them is here. Evercool has installed a plastic liner in all four of the fan mounting holes in the fins. This is to isolate any vibrations from the wires that pass into the aluminium, if the sleeves weren't in place.
Here we have a close up of the second thing. Evercool has placed sticky pads to the cage of the fan. Once again this is to battle against any vibrations the fan may cause by contact against the cooler itself.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Evercool Buffalo HPFI-10025 CPU Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 4 netcode significantly improved on Xbox One and PS4
- Google giving out 2GB free Drive space for Safer Internet Day
- Dark Souls III has a beautifully dramatic opening cinematic
- Google might be planning on launching new VR headset later this year
- MSI launches GT72S G Tobii gaming laptop with eye-tracking, GTX 980M
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance